Don't know if its too early to tell anything or not.
Today I looked at the queenless hive I requeened.
Remember I put the caged queen a week ago Fri.
Checked it, and the other one wed and both were out of the cage.
Checked today and found nothing in the queenless one.
no queen, no eggs no larvae. It has a super that is about half filled with honey and the comb needs replacing in it. Still has a good number of bees.
I gave this colony frames of brood three times and they did not build a queen cell.
Now I can't find the new queen.
It will stay as is till I get the rest of my honey off one of the others so I can get to the brood frames.
Then I will take a new box with some drawn comb and do a 100% shakedown.
Artificial swarm shake, give it a frame of brood.
Then if nothing happens I'll newspaper it to another.
In July I plan on making up some mating nucs and a cell building hive and try raising about 7 or 8 queens.
I am going to pick my stock from the two colonies that went crazy making honey this year.
Total cost of queen, that includs gas$$, $35, and a day spent for the trip.
That don't cut it in my book.