Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 24, 2014, 05:51:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thunder, lightening  (Read 946 times)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« on: June 04, 2007, 09:46:54 AM »

Last night we had quite the lightening and thunder storm.  The storm did not come any closer than about 10 miles away.  I watched it for quite some time and listened, counted each lightening and each one was about to the count of 10, isn't it about 1 second per mile or something like that?  Anyways, beautiful.  And then came some rain.

The rain did not last very long, we could have used a little more, would have saved me much more watering, but that little bit was enough to make my world fresh.

I sit outside on the front porch in mornings, listening, smelling the fresh country air.  The birds love it after the rain, their calls are somewhat different.  The scent in the air of the freshness that rain brings is something that takes me into another world, it makes me want to sit outside even more.  I am grateful that I have a laptop computer and I can sit outside on my front porch and enjoy the coolness of the morning, after the cleansing of a small summer rainshower. Have a wonderful day, beautiful life and love that life you're livin'.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
doak
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 03:41:27 PM »

Just a little over a week ago, when the first rain we have had in nearly 50 days. When it first started it seemed almost strange, seeing that wet stuff fall.
Yes, you're right about the count, one thousand one, one thousand two, and so on.
Better get inside when you can't  make it to two.
doak
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 05:12:52 PM »

Cindi,sound travels roughly 1100 feet per second,at the count of 10 it gives you about 2 miles from the lightning!
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 10:40:12 AM »

Ken, beauty, I love little tidbits of information.  I'll remember that about 1100 feet per second, the count of 10 is 2 miles.  Trivia, gotta love it.  Have a wonderful day, greatest life.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next