Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 21, 2014, 01:02:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hive update  (Read 537 times)
wtiger
House Bee

« on: May 23, 2007, 03:31:02 PM »

went into my hive today.  I was going to wait another day or 2, but it's supposed to start raining tomorrow and not stop for a while.  The foundationless hive has the center 2 frames about half drawn and tapers down to nothing on the outside frames.  The center 2 or 3 frames have sugar water in the very top and lots of eggs and some small larva so the queen seems to be laying pretty well. The outer drawn frames have a ton of pollen and some syrup as well.  The hive with pierco frames is about the same, but the center 2 or 3 frames are drawn up pretty uniformly with eggs and some larve, but it doesn't look like any of it is totally drawn out yet.  so far so good.  I'll probably wait a couple more weeks and then check up on them again.  But so far everything seems good.  everything is slowly being drawn out properly without any burr comb and the queen is laying eggs everywhere she can.
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 08:32:29 PM »

Everything sounds normal to me.  Keep tabs on them and good luck.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next