I realize that the addition of anything not natural is best not used in a hive, however, it seems as though regressing takes a certain amount of time? I am concerned about mite control UNTIL small cell is achieved...
we are on the same path.
don't know much about formic acid but what i heard is..
put it on at the end of summer-beggining of autumn, when you start feeding, i think 10ml on some cloth, and put it over the brood nest, takes 10 days to vapourize, the queen stops laying for those 10 days.
now, there is a better description on how to use it but.. i replyied from a different reason.
i too, was wondering what would be the best way..to use the old style, and contaminate this years combs...sugar shake? how effective is??!?! i'm really in a pickle, somehow i'm not wiling to go with "don't treat, let the nature decide who is worth living", not with only 5 hives.
something will have to be done this year for sure...just can't decide.. i did however make an etanoy/acetic acid vaporizer, and the little bugger seems to be quite effective but again..you can't say 25% etanoy acid is vinegar.... but i'll probably use it this year, since i'm almost sure it doesn't leave residue, and the bees seem to cope very well.