Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 30, 2014, 07:43:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Annoyed by Fee  (Read 1409 times)
KONASDAD
Super Bee

« on: May 17, 2007, 03:40:21 PM »

I have neighbors on three sides. One neighbor I never see. One has thirteen show borzoi's, and never a peep from them. My dog is trained not to bark. My third neighbor has four shelties that never , ever shut up. From 6:30am to about 9:30 Pm they bark constantly. The neighbor yells out the window, "shut-uP" about 100 times at the tops of their lungs. They bark so much they cant keep them indoors. Last year I had a "converstaion" w/ neighbor about problem. This escalated into a major brouhahah but resulted in the dogs being quite until last month. This is now a "neighborhood" issue as my neighbors are afraid of this bully so they seek me out to confront him. I have now confronted him about six times in the last week. So off to the towsnhip building I go. I wanted a copy of the local dog nuisance statute. My municipality has a web site which does not offer local ordinaces.( but lost of self-promotion of elected offcials and how they spent my money) The lTwp ibrary does not have these books either. I went and read the "publics" copy at the police station. I wanted a copy of three pages of the statute. The clerk kindly told me it would be $1.50/page. Now I pay a very, very , very substantial amount  of property taxes. Now I have to pay for a copy of my own statute? I brought this up to the clerk and she was indifferant. The wrong attitude to take w/ me. I now have gone to two twp meetings, asked for a private meeting w/ the mayor. Finally, w/o cover letter, signature or return address  or explanation, I recieved a copy of the ordinance in mail. Now to deal w/ the neighbor, and later the mayor as i will not let this to go away quitely. I also have an appointment w/ a friend who writes for the local paper I have befriended over the years. I cant beleive more constituents dont take this kind type of position.

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 04:31:42 PM »

i know how you feel.  i had a dog problem with a neighbor.  he had a heeler and two rottwilers.  they ran loose all over the neighborhood including my horse pasture.  one of the kids down the road was bitten.  the dogs chased the kids that got off the school bus at the end of the road.  no one did anything. 

i talked to the guy and was invited to leave his property.  i talked to him again and told him i'd have to shoot the dogs if i caught them in my pasture.  he threw me out again.  i talked to his wife after i'd been chased into my house twice by his pack. 

finally, i started calling animal control...for all the good that did...but after multiple written complaints and letters from the county, a hearing was scheduled.  by then, they'd racked up 100's of dollars in unpaid fines because of my complaints.  i drove an hour to the hearing. they didn't show up.  another fine.

much longer story made short....i couldn't get anyone who'd had problems with the dogs to back me up.  the county takes no further action.  the dogs still ran loose.  fortunately, he has the only property that can view mine.  when i started carrying my gun out with me every day, the dogs got locked up.

temporary solution.  he now has a pit bull that i had to return to him the other day. (yes, alive...this time)

at least it didn't cost my anything but gas and frustration.  the county gave me the paperwork i needed.  smiley

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 04:57:34 PM »

Get one of those prepaid phones that can't be traced and call the cops every time the dogs are barking. Tell them there is some kind of disturbance at that address. (you live in town right?) sooner or later something will be done when every cop on the force has been there 10 times each.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 09:27:41 PM »

My goal is to avoid police. I just wanted him to know the nuisance laws and my intentions to pursue if needed. I suggested dog traing etc, but to no avail. I'll win in the end, but its just the hassle of him, and th3e insult from local gov't that irks me.

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 10:17:11 PM »

For some people you know you can print the nuisance laws on the end of a 2x4 and whack them up side the head and it wouldn't get through. Some people just can't do any wrong.  rolleyes

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 03:37:53 AM »

Heres what you do.

You tape the dogs barking good and loud. I gather they must start aftert the owners leave for work or whatever.

Then you give a copy to all your friendly neighbours.

Then you all play your tapes just as the owners of those muts go to bed. Out in the yard nice and loud all night until 6.30am. Get some earplugs, they are so good now you wont hear a thing.

Yelling at them just reinforces their behaviour, they think you are joining in believe it or not.

It wont take long before someone gets the message and gets the mongrels some training.

If you dont like that aproach, throw firecrackers at them, or get a high powered water pistol.

If that is too hard, just kidnap them and give them a new home in another state.
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 08:05:29 AM »

shocked

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/xylitol.asp

Rick
Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 08:19:47 AM »

here's what you do!
wait for winter, hope the dogs are loose in winter.

fresh water is scarce during winter Muahahah, but not yours! give the poor dog some water, with anti-freez in it, that way the water is always fresh and...ah well, figure for yourself. although i'm not sure it will work, i only got an advice from someone.
kensfarm
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 08:55:57 AM »

Do you have a local animal control department? 

I came home Wed. evening to find 2 dead roosters..  someone's dog got loose and killed them.  One was still alive when I found him..  gave him some water and warmed him up some.. but he only lasted an hour.

I probably would've shot the dog if I had seen him..  I love dogs..  but I hate irresponsible owners.
KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 09:40:38 AM »

Hurting the dog is not an option for me. I would sooner hit the person. As for neighbors, their behind me all the way. The dogs bark all day, whether they are home or not, and they never leave their own yard. I'll just have to find a legal way to be more annoying, or give up and call police or animal control.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2007, 10:18:11 AM »

i love micks idea.  i think that would work  smiley

i had a dog that barked.  just got a bark collar.  it took her one day to figure it out and then i could leave it turned off most of the time. 

maybe your neighbors would try that?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next