It was 72 hours as of 11:30 A.M. today that I had put in the sticky boards on all 9 colonies for mite count. Yes, mite counting. The bee breeder told me when I got my nucs that I should monitor for mites. He performed the fall treatment and spring, but I should check it out regardless. So I did.
I removed the boards at 11:30 A.M. today, precisely. The natural drop over 3 days will tell me the goods on if I need to treat or not. I will ascertain tomorrow the method that I will apply. We still have at least 45 days before the blackberry flow. I am very uncertain if I find a mite count that needs attention which way I am going to swing. I believe it is getting rather late for formic acid, so I am going to probably do the sugar shake. I have researched this and I believe that it is the most beneficial this time of the year. There is no worry about any kind of contamination within the colony of excess chemicals.
As I took out each board, I put a mark on it to distinguish each hive, should things get mixed up, one never knows how life goes, things can appear to be different than they really are (LOLL). I did a very quick visual inspection of each board and I don't think that I saw any mites whatsover. But, that was a quick examination and I do not trust it. So, I will be peeking in on these boards tomorrow. Have a wonderful day, great life, great health. Cindi