Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 26, 2014, 07:32:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ted roasted a BIG Bunny  (Read 1079 times)
Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« on: May 11, 2007, 07:45:18 PM »

ok..i know, it's a kangaroo, but still they resemble each other.
ah well...guess what? no, i didn't roast a kangaroo, neither did i a camel or anything like it..come on people, this is central europe, i would pay large ammount of money for that darn stake!
i'm not really sure if i should tell you what i roasted...ah well, the pictures will tell the story grin
all i'm gonna say is, that this one should be in the "photo-general-beekeeping-almost-beekeeping" section. oh and another thing, it was absolutely delicius! well, not at first, because of prejudice, but once i chewed the first few, they were getting better and better!
here's the "story"

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 08:50:14 PM »

ok....i'll ask....why did you eat your bees?Huh tongue

i have eaten insects, but only when it was part of a survival class and i ABSOLUTELY HAD TO.

what did you season them with?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 05:47:46 AM »

drone larvae...i had to try it, so much has been said about it that..i just couldn't resist.
seasoned? with nothing, but if i'd prepare larger quantities i'd seasen them with a little bit of garlic.
buzzbeejr
Josh
Youth Group
Field Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 07:40:55 AM »

yum yum grin what did they taste like Mici?

MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson
MarkR
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 08:36:02 AM »

Hey Mici,

You sautee'd them, not roasted them.  I can imagine in olive oil and butter, with garlic and maybe a little thyme, they could be a lot like. . . uh. . .I don't know. . . snails?  Yumm.

Mark
Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 11:25:54 AM »

nah..there was to little of this stuff to be worth seasoning, so it was just plain oil. sauted, ok, i'll keep in mind.
to tell you the truth, the smell was absolutely fabolous! just like shrimps, really smelled soooo gooood!!!
about the taste...my dad said they taste much like sauted brains (of cattle of pork), but i don't know how to exactly describe the taste, they were good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next