Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 23, 2014, 10:53:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TOO CLOSE TO HOME  (Read 1437 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: May 08, 2007, 04:27:26 PM »

Just finished listening to a press conference concerning a terrorist plot to blow-up several Military Hum-Vees at Fort Dix, Army Base here is New Jersey. The plot has been followed 16 months since a convient store worker was asked by a coworker to convert a VHS tape into DVD. The worker saw men in fighting formation in American Military Uniform speaking in foreign language - a Mid-Eastern Language. He turned this over to police and they to Philadelphia Branch of the FBI. They arrested the men after a phoney scheme to sell weapons to these terrorist showed INTENT to plot mass murder against the base, hoping to kill both military and civilian.

Fort Dix is 15 miles from my home, and Lakehurst Naval base (1 mile away) was also survailed as a possible place to explode and kill. Scary when you know that terrorists drove through the same gate I drive through every day - ugh.

I would love to shake the hand of the fellow smart enough to see this video he was asked to copy was suspicious - he made the copy (or he might be dead) and then turned another copy over to the police. It saved a lot of lives and kept a terrorist plot from once again shaking our country. You don't have to kill thousands, you only need deliver a message that NOT even are your own military bases secure - and that was their intent this time.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 04:32:18 PM »

I would love to shake the hand of the fellow smart enough to see this video he was asked to copy was suspicious

i watched it too and thought the same thing.  bases have tightened up security, but on a really busy base, you have to wonder what might get through.  add to that the hiring of civilian security on some bases, and it's scary.  i don't have anything against the civilians, but military will shoot first and take the heat later.  don't know if the civilians have the same level of training or the same protection mind set.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 05:14:19 PM »

Our base has a mix of civilian and military security - the gates are always manned by at least one of each, including staggered concrete barriers and a fortified drop down gate at the end of the staggered concrete barriers.

It is a matter of putting the lives on the line of hundreds of military assigned to our base, hundreds more from other service branches doing war-games and 4 thousand civilians. I know tomorrow things may look nearly the same, but I can promise that we all will be under the eyes of cameras in the security department WHICH film just about every inch of the base and I suppose random car stops will restart - something we haven't had in a while.

In my 19 years with the Navy, I have been car seached 15 times, more that my coworkers, but such is the luck of the draw - lol. It is a mild inconvienience, well worth the effort if it stops one maniac from doing something horrific.

Follow us on TWITTER

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 05:37:48 PM »

yup.  i have been stuck in the random search and the gate shutdown.  kind of sucks, but serves a good purpose.  when i was in Naples they had staggered guards with M16s and concrete barriers.  considering the function of that base, they probably had other stuff that was out of site.  i'm used to it and i still got the creeps.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 05:06:20 AM »

The rumour down here is that they were just idiots mucking around.

Nevertheless, you cant be too careful with these things.

John, you go cruising around the base front ending F16s, YOU are on the watch list!
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 12:36:53 PM »

That tour is ONE LESS VIDEO on YOUTUBE Mick - I did add another one for Austin Mostly - but it shows the new queen, but the image compression made the egg shots a bit tough to see - although the original film focuses right down to just two workers in the lens with brilliant sharpness and the eggs really stand out well too. Think I'll steal some still from the film to add to the other post Smiley

Talk soon.

Follow us on TWITTER

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 01:31:54 PM »

The rumor down here is that they were just idiots mucking around.

i doubt we have the whole story yet.  there are those here who would like stories like this to go away because they have invested their future in convincing the public that there is no real enemy.  i know from some of my internet wanderings your way, you have the same kind of stuff over there.

30 years of this crap and there are still a lot of folks with their heads in the sand.  the only thing that surprises me is that there have not been more successful attacks.  i'd like to say that it's good intel....but i think it's mostly luck....like this catch.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 01:35:31 PM »

the only thing that surprises me is that there have not been more successful attacks.  i'd like to say that it's good intel....but i think it's mostly luck....like this catch.

Seems it is probably the stupidity of the terrorist. The problem is how ever, the more that get caught the more the next ones know how not to get caught. I thought they would have figured it out by now.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 01:42:06 PM »

you are right.  they learn off of us on the battle field and here.  some of these small cells are wannabes, but they still are serious in their intent.  we will have a Bali, London, or Spain, here.  it's just a matter of time. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 01:08:26 AM »

As a member of Military Intelligence during the Vietnam War and as a retired cop I can tell you that if it wasn't for the stupidity of the bad guys we'd all be in a world of hurt.  This dumb cop has arrest quite a few smart crooks.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next