Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 24, 2014, 09:54:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: spring, song of the songs  (Read 703 times)
abejaruco
Field Bee

« on: May 06, 2007, 12:13:56 PM »

Well, this jew superlative, song of the songs, is what comes at my mind during the spring. Perhaps not at my mind, at my spirit.

It´s raining last night, and today the morning was insuperable, precious. The nightingale, ruiseñor, has been singing every minute, everything nice, like an irreal world. At first time came a biblic sentences

"Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin; yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these"

But my mind sent this ideas to the boxroom because obvious motive, that´s not real.

Really my mind was looking for any biblic sentences that are perfect, the Song of the Songs, Cantar de los Cantares,

"Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes within thy locks: thy hair is as a flock of goats, that appear from mount Gilead.
Thy teeth are like a flock of sheep that are even shorn, which came up from the washing; whereof every one bear twins, and none is barren among them.
Thy lips are like a thread of scarlet, and thy speech is comely: thy temples are like a piece of a pomegranate within thy locks.
Thy neck is like the tower of David builded for an armoury, whereon there hang a thousand bucklers, all shields of mighty men.
Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins, which feed among the lilies.
Until the day break, and the shadows flee away, I will get me to the mountain of myrrh, and to the hill of frankincense.
Thou art all fair, my love; there is no spot in thee.
Come with me from Lebanon, my spouse, with me from Lebanon: look from the top of Amana, from the top of Shenir and Hermon, from the lions' dens, from the mountains of the leopards. "
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 12:30:25 PM »

there is a lot of poetry in the old testament.  fortunately for us, it has survived multiple translations without to much damage!

you picked a good one.   grin

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called the government. They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 12:56:31 PM »

The first man that translated the Song of the Songs into an occidental modern language wrote also this.

How tranquil is the life
Of him who, shunning the vain world’s uproar, May follow, free from strife, The hidden path, of yore Trod by the few who conned true wisdom’s lore!

I am poetic today,  Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next