Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 16, 2014, 07:48:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mick, Your countrymen are turning into a bunch of Sheila's  (Read 650 times)
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« on: May 02, 2007, 01:40:28 AM »

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyid=2007-05-01T145957Z_01_KUA153016_RTRUKOC_0_US-AUSTRALIA-BEER-ODD.xml&rpc=92

This is worse than the drought.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 03:51:11 AM »

Yes I agree with you totally.

It will be fake VB and is being sold as the same price as the real stuff. Its meant to be cheaper due to the lower alcohol content, but lame brains will queue up to buy it.

Its for sad middle aged men who cant handle the pace. It makes me sick, they will all stand around the BBQ, drinking the slop and saying how good it is and how they can drive home.

Honestly, if you cant handle the pace, stay inside doing your word puzzles . If you are drinking beer and dont want to get drunk, youre an idiot. Drink water instead you sad thing and save your money.

Light beer is just a waste of water and should not be made.

Fools drink light beer.

Light beer is testament to idiocy and a gift to whats called marketing. Who was it that said a sucker is born evey minute?

AllanJ
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 06:44:01 AM »

I can understand a light lager, but bitter? yuck..  Bitter has never taken a hold in the US market and I certainly miss a nice pulled pint of Boddingtons..
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 03:53:30 AM »

I tried those pints of English lagers. Served at the temperature of stale urine and tasted the same. I couldnt get over the fact that barmen wouldnt put a head on it. Instead it was served flat to the brim so that is spilt as you tried to injest the poison.

It was explained to me that the English felt they were being robbed if they didnt get every last drop of it in the glass. We used to sip the first inch out of it, no hands while it was stil on the bar.

Here the top finger width must be head, and preferably another finger width above the glass is head. There is also the noble art of running a wet finger around the rim to set up acoustic vibration, then slamming the glass down hard to form a decent head. Now thats something that has been lost to history.

If all else failed you could add a bit of salt to make a head.

Beer without head is a sign of watering down or a dirty glass.

One time I was in a pub and complained that the beer had been watered down. The naieve barman let me down into the cellar, where I promptly found a stainless steel funnel. "Whats this for then?" I asked. The reply was given my the manager who had launched himslef down the steps like a ferrett  and is not able to be stated in a family forum.

Ahh I remember the good old days when being able to tap a keg and pour a decent beer was a sign of a clever man! Being able to use a Pluto ( looks like a gun) confirmed you as someone well worth knowing. Now they have these auto pour systems designed to stop waste and spillage.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next