Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 24, 2014, 01:02:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone from Somerset NJ?  (Read 1812 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: April 20, 2007, 07:04:29 PM »

i am on my way there tomorrow by way of Newark.  never been there.  should be fun smiley

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 08:18:40 PM »

beemaster: Lakehurst, NJ
   forrestmk: Waretown, New Jersey
   Kris^: Williamstown, NJ
   Ladybee: Lakehurst, NJ
   mark: williamstown n.j.
   lurkr: jersey shore
   BeeHopper: Deptford Twp. NJ
   Ocean: Bergen County New Jersey
   KONASDAD: Cherry Hill, N.J.
   Jarhead: Hightstown, N.J.
   DENNIS: northwest nj
   JBird: Magnolia, NJ
   mwood4d: waretown, nj
   sbashpet: Mansfield, New Jersey
   fr0sty: Union County, NJ
   MrILoveTheAnts: Somerdale, New Jersey
   drbryanj: Pompton Plains, NJ
   CWBees: NJ
   dlmarti: Mercer County, NJ
   ScatPack: Bergen County, New Jersey
It might be worth the drive to go and meet beemaster.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
dlmarti
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 08:27:07 PM »

It might be worth the drive to go and meet beemaster.

Beer at the Beemaster's house?
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 08:59:12 PM »

kind of depends on what i'm doing and where.  usually we get every 9th day off, but not always.  don't even know if i'll have access to a computer  sad.

anyway....it should be no more than 3 weeks, maybe less.  just depends on what they need.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
dlmarti
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 10:48:50 PM »

What are you doing in Somerset?
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 11:03:07 PM »

red cross.  forgot to ask why, but must have something to do with the flooding?

Alexis de Tocqueville
dlmarti
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 12:12:34 AM »

Probably, we got hammered.
My neighbor go hit really bad, his whole basement was a pool.

I also received a mail yesterday that the Sarnoff Library went under (their storage facility), they were asking for volunteers to come clean it out.

I do some minor volunteer work up at the Red Cross, once or twice a year, they're a great bunch of people.
KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 04:57:27 PM »

Yep, its wet here! I have a small lake(made by rain) in backyrad and geese came to visit me. Never happened before.

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 10:57:36 PM »

back.  interesting trip.  scary driving!!
 shocked
more later, but off to bath and bed.

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 06:44:44 AM »

Welcome back!
Hope all went well.Good to see you posting again!
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 09:33:24 AM »

Use lots of soap and maybe a brillo pad, trying to scrub New Jersey off you may be difficult.

Welcome Back.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 10:48:58 AM »

THINGS I LIKED ABOUT NJ

we met really nice people.
there are lots of police.
they make the dividers on off ramps wide so that you can park and read the map.
they make the center divider low so that you can drive over it and get off the express freeway when you are (OMG we are headed for the) Holland Tunnel and you don't want to be.
While i was lost in Newark, lots of people were smiling at me.

THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE ABOUT NJ

none of the roads went where i wanted to go.
none of the maps were correct.
LOTS of road construction.
no road signs.
lots of police!
while i was lost in Newark, lots of people were smiling at me.

over all, not a bad trip.  got lots of work done.  hubby was even good about taking care of the bees.  he likes the bee jacket i got him and had no problem getting into the hives.  unfortunately, he was not sure what he was looking at when he was in there, but that's ok.

understudy, you will be pleased to know that i roomed with a far left social worker and we actually got along.  at least we didn't come to blows   grin

Alexis de Tocqueville
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 06:01:10 PM »

Kathyp,

A far left roomie and no blows?  You showed admirable restraint. 

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 10:05:34 PM »

kathyp

I am glad to hear you survived in NJ. It's like Kansas only intensified.

I am glad you did not come to blows with the leftist social worker. But I am willing to bet she is the one who told everyone in Newark to smile at you while you were lost.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

mark
House Bee

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2007, 09:04:53 PM »

you were in NORTH jersey.   that's a different state! cheesy
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2007, 09:33:00 PM »

that's a different state

indeed!!   Wink

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next