Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 27, 2014, 12:03:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Its official......were stuffed............there aint no water  (Read 2600 times)
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2007, 12:13:49 AM »

Here is a chart that shows why my Government is counting on rain to fix our problem and doing nothing else for us. There appears to be a rough 10 year pattern, which is fine if it continues to break, but if it doesnt, we are in more trouble than the early settlers ever were.

mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2007, 04:01:03 AM »

It has rained here but not in the catchments. Our storage is down to 29.7%.

We just had a new state budget and there was no plan for water. I guess they are hoping to save that one for the next election.

The hot tip is that we will be tapping into the Goulburn River and replacing what we take from farmers with improved irrigation systems aka pipes not open channels.

The Goulburn has great water, its mainly snow melt, but it doesnt snow like it used to so who knows whats going on!
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2007, 09:23:33 AM »

Mick,  I have been thinking alot about you and your country's plight down there.  I find that when it rains here, these thoughts come to my mind.  And...I always think how fortunate I am that there is not a lack of water.  When it is raining, the thought that if I could do anything on earth, it would be to send as much of this liquid sunshine down to your home and area that needs this attention.  I hope all goes well with the water issues, that is all that I can wish for you, other than good health.  Have a wonderful day, keep that chin up and great health wishes to all, again.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next