Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 02, 2014, 09:14:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't ban guns, ban beer bottles. Edinburgh is doing that.  (Read 741 times)
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« on: April 28, 2007, 09:18:26 AM »

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=9792006

Now while initially this may seem a bit silly. I thought about it. Bottles are not allowed around pools for obvious reasons. You can drink on the street in New Orleans but it can't be a glass container again for safety reasons.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
MarkR
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 09:53:04 AM »

Yeah, but beer in metal or plastic, especially plastic, tastes like . . . um. . . how to say it politely. . . crud.  Maybe it's just me.

Wink

Mark
AllanJ
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 10:18:43 AM »

Your not considering a vital point.. this is Scottish beer. On opening the bottle, you have 3.43 minutes to drink it before it reacts with air can causes to plastic to melt. Most American beers would actually taste better with some plastic mixed in Smiley

This I find funny and is a perfect example of limited facts to prove a point..

One of Edinburgh's biggest nightclubs introduced plastic beer bottles last year in a bid to curb the number of violent assaults in and around the premises.
The Lothian Road nightclub, then known as Revolution, took the voluntary step after a similar policy in Glasgow city centre saw a 27 per cent drop in glass-related assaults.

There is a 27% drop in GLASS RELATED assaults because glass is no longer available.. but did the number of assaults drop?  did the number of knife attacks increase? 
MarkR
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 11:35:27 AM »

But, Duncan, I don't drink American beer. . . well not that big brewery stuff.  Small breweries don't count, can be good, can be one step below bud.

Mark
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 03:57:13 AM »

If I had my way, I would ban the sale of all drinks in glass bottles apart from beer. As a Cyclist, the amount of broken bottles on the roads here is a joke.

We got to the stage that all softies, juices, water were in cans or plastic, then marketing wankers decided to reintroduce glass.

PET is the way to go for everything except beer.

Buying water to drink in a bottle. For what equates to about 12 dollars a litre. Now there is the biggest joke of all time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next