Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 21, 2014, 10:20:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If women find out they are messing with chocolate we are all doomed.  (Read 1112 times)
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« on: April 27, 2007, 06:44:11 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/26/AR2007042602824.html?hpid=topnews?hpid=topnews

Be afraid be very afraid.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 10:01:46 PM »

OMG, they'd better keep their hands off of my chocolate!  Give me chocolate and no one gets hurt!  evil

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
buzzbeejr
Josh
Youth Group
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 10:27:07 PM »

chocolate hasn't changed for many years, why change it now.

MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 12:07:26 AM »

tongue chooocolaaaate  tongue

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
MarkR
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 11:36:37 AM »

chocolate hasn't changed for many years, why change it now.

Cause it's cheaper for the companies to put in vegtable oil than use real cocoa  butter.  Curse the bottom line!!!!!!! angry

Mark
DBoire
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 03:40:26 PM »

This is the same battle the Maple industry lost, maple flavored corn syrup.  Soon honey,  the battle must be brought to the streets as it is a noble one!  The flip side is that people that care for quality and purity will purchase it.  Those who cannot afford it will have an alternative.  Good chocolate has always been a luxury.  Real (good) maple syrup can be considered a luxury,... Real honey - a luxury?  Is this the direction it will go?  The inevitability of the market may be  the deciding factor.  The real question is do we as consumers want to be lied to?   I do want to be lied to on occasion - like when it comes to what is really in my sausage. Wink However, I don't want to eat "honey bunches of oats" and find that there is more salt than honey in them. (This was just a guess, by after getting up and checking I found it is true.)  I like my Salty bunches of Oats.  Hold on, there is more sugar in "Honey bunches of Oats" than oats,... let me rephrase.  I like my Salty bunches of sugar!
Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 06:31:04 PM »

chocolate firms with reputation won't dear change their recepie. other chocolates suck anyway so..does it matter if they get worse?
i don't see a problem with this whole thing.

i would agree that chocolate, honey and maple syrup are luxurius items, and they should be. hell it's the only way we beeks get the price of honey UP. and we eat too much chocolate anyway.beh..good chocolate is already expensive, the tasteless brown thing you can buy today will just loose more flavour and price..i don't care.
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 03:33:37 AM »

Good chocolate is one of the rare legal pleasures in life.

Cheap chockie like the easter egg junk that is all sugar and margarine is the stuff that makes you sick. Its really dreaful stuff.

Some countries have laws that determine a minimum cocoa content, to be allowed to be called chocolate.

Here our favoourite is Cadburys that is stil made in Tasmania. Everyone does a tour of the factory when they go to the apple isle.

Hand made belgian chockies.mmmmmmmmmmm a great way to blow some serious drinking money!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next