Well I guess its about time to post an update on my DE hive. I am up to 3 deep supers which are all totally drawn out now. I have added a honey super to the mix, and also stopped feeding the bees about a week ago. They are getting nectar from somewhere, there is gobs of clover, queen anns lace, black eyed susans, and other wildflowers in bloom here. When I did my last inspection the color of much of the honey that was not capped has turned from clear sugar water color to a light amber color. The hive is PACKED with bees, although I have experienced no bearding or signs of crowding (I have been adding additional space when the prior super is 70% drawn out). The queen is laying in all 3 supers, and moving between them all. They are storing honey on the outermost frames, and were trying to fill the center frames of the topmost deep super, but the queen got there before they could finish filling the frame with honey, so they too have brood in them. On a few frames, the bees did not draw out the bottom corners of the frame, or sometimes the edges. Is this normal? Also on some they discovered the wire in the foundation and chewed all around it in several spots, I guess trying to remove it from their hive. Other than these small things the hives are doing great! I haven't had a single problem with propolis on frames, and have had virtually no brace comb. The only propolis in the hive is where the supers come together. There is never any propolis gluing the frames to the super, and I have not had to use the hive tool to pull a single frame yet. I am very happy with the design of these hives, and the results thus far. I would like to perhaps get a langstroth hive next (just a few boxes), and see the differences first hand. I think when I buy my next DE hive, I will only use deep supers though. They are square shaped, and with the way the sides are designed, fairly easy to handle for an average sized man.