Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 25, 2014, 12:31:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The differences between the reds and the blues  (Read 1201 times)
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« on: April 22, 2007, 07:09:29 PM »

The problem is even after reading this. I still think the two party system bites.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/index.php?term=pto-20061222-000001&page=1

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 08:23:22 AM »

The solution, then, is remarkably simple. The effects of psychological terror on political decision making can be eliminated just by asking people to think rationally. Simply reminding us to use our heads, it turns out, can be enough to make us do it.

In other words, there's still a chance to make everyone swing around to thinking like a liberal.

It was long before 9/11 that I became conservative.  I was a screaming left-wing liberal peace loving war hating teenager into my early twenties (the Vietnam war happened during my second decade).  Having children and becoming more aware of the world around me taught me to be a conservative.  Maturing taught me to be a conservative.  I've traveled and I'm still a conservative.  Self-preservation is a strong drive.  Conservatism doesn't  mean you can't be compassionate.  It just means you can be compassionate with a brain.

I'm going to reread this whole malarkey again later after I've gardened for a bit.  My immediate thought after reading it is psychologists on a whole have very little grasp of real life reality.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 10:15:42 AM »

Well I got bored reading it at page two. But what a bunch of hooey. according to all of that I am a mess. I'm at conflict with myself. Oh dear, what am I to do? 

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
organicgrl37
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 01:26:55 PM »

Well I got bored reading it at page two. But what a bunch of hooey. according to all of that I am a mess. I'm at conflict with myself. Oh dear, what am I to do? 

I didn't have time to completely read this article and absorb it, but it seems that i am also in conflict with myself. I have never been able to fit myself into any single label. Am I conservative liberal? Am I a liberal conservative? I have even been told by my Republican cousin that I was a communist. Oh my! rolleyes Maybe it is time that we stop trying to label ourselves and vote with our brains. It doesn't matter if you are liberal, conservative....just don't go to the voting booth clueless!!!!!!
dlmarti
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 01:46:44 PM »

The two party system has completely failed, even at the local level.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 08:17:03 PM »

People should overlook the party and vote for the person. Many good people don't get elected because they are on the "other side" just as sometimes bad people get elected because thy are in the right party.
organicgrl37
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 11:03:02 PM »

I couldn't agree more...I think to often folks vote according to party, sex, color, religion....I wish folks would invest more time in reading about the issues, learning about the canditates.

"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination, from authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue but have taken them at second-hand from other non-examiners, whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing."
- Autobiography of Mark Twain

SO TRUE!!!
randydrivesabus
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 05:40:11 AM »

seems to me that reading about the issues is something of a waste of time since the politicians don't stick to their guns anyway (read my lips).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next