Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 19, 2014, 10:33:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: true confessions of a conservative  (Read 3413 times)
organicgrl37
House Bee

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2007, 09:33:36 PM »

no lecture needed, I really do agree with you. I just hate to see "those" people with any form of power, i.e., political, radio, television,.... It seems that we rule with hate, it is the way it has always been. I hope my son has the strength to be open minded and open in his heart to all people, the lovers and the haters. It is just a pity that there are so many haters.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2007, 10:27:55 PM »

I don't understand where this term "hate" comes from? In the case I just posted a link to, there is surely no hate intended. It was a poor translation from Chinese to American.

There is another one where Germany is in hot water over something said about the Bronx to the German military. Geee. Seems that would be against the whole USA. It was just a military exercise from over seas some place. Give it a rest.

I live in a mobile home. I have lived in mobile homes most of my life. The term "Trailer trash" just doesn't bother me. And I could be a redneck.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2007, 12:07:06 AM »

I don't understand where this term "hate" comes from?

i don't think any of it had to do with hate.  in your post, the company seems to have made an honest mistake and the woman was looking for an opportunity to get something for nothing.  in the case of Imas, i think he is just dumb and people like JJ and AS are looking for wedge issues to justify their existence.
Imas was an equal opportunity giver of offense, but i bet he's not racist.  it was a way to stir folks up and make money.  there is a Latino comedian i have seen (don't remember his name) that does the same thing but with more class.  he's actually funny.

i think that in this day and age racism as we think of it, would die it's own death if there were not people who depended on it to make a living. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
beehive lane
New Bee

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2007, 04:24:56 AM »

wow! sounds like Europe around...huuum 1932?

Syd
organicgrl37
House Bee

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2007, 08:46:09 PM »

I guess I wasn't keeping up on the posts here. I didn't even check out the link. I am not even sure when or where I missed out but I guess I came in in the middle of a conversation.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2007, 09:01:04 PM »

don't worry about it.  just jump in and don't take anything personally.  sometimes we are just having a bad hair day, or get things caught sideways.  everyone gets over it smiley

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2007, 09:22:25 PM »

I guess I wasn't keeping up on the posts here. I didn't even check out the link. I am not even sure when or where I missed out but I guess I came in in the middle of a conversation.

I'll take a guess at this. Did you just read the first page and then reply? I think that happens often. But no problem. I haven't found too many people getting bent out of shape on these forums. And if we do one of the admins will slap us stupid.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
organicgrl37
House Bee

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2007, 09:35:53 PM »

I'll take a guess at this. Did you just read the first page and then reply? I think that happens often. But no problem. I haven't found too many people getting bent out of shape on these forums. And if we do one of the admins will slap us stupid.

yup that is what happened
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next