Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 30, 2014, 04:53:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Book, Videos, and Informational Aids.  (Read 2149 times)
B DOG
New Bee

« on: June 08, 2004, 10:03:18 PM »

Recently I went to the library and check out almost every book i could find on bees. I of corse did the reaserch i needed befor settling on a book that i could use as my guide so to say. Anyways i settled on Beekeeping for Dummies, and i think it is great. My question is what books do you use?

i also went serching for a pbs special that came out a couple oy years ago i am sure that some of you have seen it. Anyway they did not have it which i was surprised because pbs did it so recently, and i was sad because it looked so good, and well done.  Has anyone seen any good materal that would help anyone of us? or have any suggestion on web sites, books or videos?

thanks B Dog
Bee Boy
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 10:58:11 PM »

I have a book which I thought was pretty good; The Queen and I, by Edward A. Weiss.

Bee Boy
Lesli
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 06:46:30 AM »

Here's a topic I've been waiting for! In fact, I was thinking we should have a topic for book reviews.

Anyway, I have Beekeeping for Dummies, John (?) Vivian's Keeping Bees, and Richard Bonny's Hive Management.

One of the things I like about the first two is that the love of bees really shows through in the author's prose. Bonny's Hive Managemnet is more serious, but still a good read. Vivian's book came out apparently before varroa, because he doesn't seem to struggle with it, and it's such a huge topic today, but other than that, it's a great primer for a novice.

Lesli
http://beeyard.blogspot.com/
Bee Boy
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 08:43:43 AM »

I don't know how I forgot Bee Keeping For Dummies! That is the best book that I've read on bee Cheesy

Bee Boy
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 09:09:56 AM »

My two favorites are The ABC&XYZ of Bee Culture which is like an encylopedia with tons of information & John Vivian's Keeping Bees which has very good ideas/examples of practical beekeeping.[/i]

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next