Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 22, 2014, 11:59:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Split, anyone?  (Read 1633 times)
Lesli
House Bee

« on: June 08, 2004, 12:55:42 PM »

Hey all,
I drove to the local Dadant outlet not too far from my house yesterday (about 45 min). About 15 miles from my house, on Route 13 (for those who know the area), a large animal crossed the road. "What a huge dog...oh my...that's a bear!"

Yes, I've heard there are bears around here, but this is the first one I've seen. And I see it when? When I'm on my way to buy beehives!

So I got my set up, including two deeps, two mediums, covers, frames, gloves, veil, smoker, hive tool, and so on.

I assembled the deeps, bottom board, and covers last night, along with ten frames. Sigh. Now all I need is bees! (And paint, but that's easy!)

So here's the question: does anyone want to split a strong hive, or have a spare swarm? I can wait until spring, but I'd be happy to pay package rates to anyone who would like to do a split, but doesn't have room/doesn't want another hive.

I'd be happy to pick up the little beasties if you live within reasonable driving distance of Ithaca/Elmira/Corning, NY.

Thanks!  Tongue

Lesli
http://beeyard.blogspot.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next