Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 25, 2014, 10:48:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bann the USA!!!!  (Read 7352 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2007, 10:46:02 AM »

the people elect the politicians and work for or run the corporation.  most of our corporations started with little people who had big ideas.  i'm not sure you can separate the people from the rest. we are our country.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2007, 05:14:45 PM »

Gore would be called in bullfighting words "desecho de tienta" (discard, dropped, refused...). Bulls are checked before the fiesta. Bulls that are not "choosed-elected" are set aside to other purpose. Probably bulls are not so bad as persons. A rejected bull is only an animal, a rejected person is a person that comes back with sawn-off shotgun.
He lost the elections and he comes very strong with sharp horns selling a mountain of nonsenses.
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2007, 06:04:16 PM »

the people elect the politicians and work for or run the corporation.  most of our corporations started with little people who had big ideas.  i'm not sure you can separate the people from the rest. we are our country.

Not all the people voted for the person in office. Corporations may have been started by people with big ideas. It doesn't mean they were good ideas. I will say there are plenty of good corporations but I do not think they are the majority.

Mick, I am sure you have some aussies who just make you scratch your head and wonder. In the US I encounter a lot of the same thing. it doesn't mean they are bad people they just may not get it or chose not to get it. Common sense isn't as common or as sensible as it should be.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2007, 09:18:35 PM »

He lost the elections and he comes very strong with sharp horns selling a mountain of nonsenses.
  smiley

and a lot of money to spend on it!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllanJ
House Bee

« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2007, 08:30:00 PM »

To those who do not believe that global warming is real..  have you watched Al Gore's documentary?  If so, would it have carried more weight had it been done by someone else?  Once you watched the film, did you spend time researching the facts presented instead of just watching another film?

I believe in the issues raised in Gore's film and of global warming in general. This isn't just about pollution and co2 levels. It is also about the mass destruction that is occurring every day at our hands. Wiping out 1000's of species every year. Destroying millions of acres of the land that helped provide the balance. Genetics, unnatural gas, population explosion etc.. when you take everything into account, then we have some very serious issues that should be addressed now.

What makes me convinced on the issues is how hard some people and corporations are working to distort the truth. These companies spend billions of dollars to discredit people and information. For example, the auto companies are spending millions on legal moves to stop CA raising the efficently levels of vehicles. This would mean the companies having to bring the efficently of the vehicle in 10 years time to that level of China today.

Even if global warming is a myth, it still wouldn't hurt for us all to be more efficient in our lives and to make basic changes to live a healthier life. 
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2007, 10:32:37 PM »

Allan, it isn't a matter of not believing the planet is getting warmer, it's not believing it's something mankind can do much about.  The planet gets warmer.  It gets colder.  Much colder.  It's been doing it for eons, just because we're here to measure things we think there's significance to it.  Well, there is, for us ants, but in the grand scheme of things, it isn't significant at all.  People just can't accept that they a) don't have anything to do with it, b) can't do much about it and c) that they are no more significant than the other beings on the planet.

Now, as to should we clean up our act, of course we should.  Business should build clean methods into their bottom line.  Governments should make sure they're doing the same.  But that all costs money.  Who is going to pay?  Surely not the corporations and governments who are making the mess!  They'll trade carbon credits and play little games like that to avoid the fees.  With the 'global warming' cult, it's you and me who are going to pay - for something we can't change and definitely can't afford. 

We need to not pollute because it's the only planet we've got.  That's the bottom line.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2007, 11:18:34 PM »

Rainbeau: I always thing of the song that say "Wheels go round and round and round and round." True..... such is life, everything cycles and MANKIND is indeed foolish to think because we are SMART ENOUGH to track data, that we effect data. We cannot prevent global warming no more than we do or can Global Cooling. We can track it like rings on a tree, so what?

I think of my Dad's quote (and he had some doozies) "Once you pee in clam chowder, it's now pee chowder!" That is how man is with global warming, we put OUR NAME ON IT just because we can monitor it and in hindsite, point at the stuff that COULD, even MAY have added to it - but once that chowder has pee in it (let's call that Global Warming) then the weather is what it is.

I hope we are around as a species long enough to not only PROVE it is cyclical, but to anticipate it with relative and plausible data for some degree of preparation. IT IS A FACT the sun has an 11 year sunspot cycle, radio communication is GREATLY effected both good and bad by high and low solar flair activity. You can't ever make me think that excessive flares on the Sun cannot change the radiation in the atmosphere and thus effect all ionic activity from Northern Lights to Isotropic Tunneling (seeing more than 1 TV station at a time in the evenings in the Summer).

But every 3800 years, the sun is thought to have a MASS FLURRY of what I've heard called on radio as Conclusive Bombardment, a time when solar flares are almost overlapping, for hundreds of years. This is a deep space finding of Hubble, a phenomenon relative to the sun's size and age. Our average to small sum has a shorter period of CB activity compared to the much larger suns in the galaxy, but still - we hardly have enough knowledge to spot tornados 15 minutes ahead of time, yet we swear by carbon dating of objects millions of years old.

I get a kick of when they carbon date a rock at 200 million years old, then it is crushed and made into pottery and now it is dated at 700 years old - what changed?? Same rock all of a sudden had a huge face lift. Something wrong with all our thinking. I say expect the worse and hopefully pawn the crappy stuff off on great great great grand-children, maybe a generation before then a bandaid will be made for this giant booboo we call Global Warming. If not, given enough time we will adapt, life always does and if man is truly native to this planet then we should survive. If we are cast-aways or transplants from Mars before it died or elsewhere, then we better start building really big ships to take the brightest and most prolific people somewhere DEEP-SPACE where we have a fighting chance. Some choice we have huh - ugh.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2007, 11:50:44 PM »

allenj, al gores flick was not a documentary.  did you watch the link that mici put up?  it made a lot more sense than gores hysterics. 

yes i believe in global warming.  they tell me that where i live used to be covered with ice.  i do not live under a glacier.  global warming must exist.  that seems like a good thing to me.  maybe a few thousand years ago, the notion of oregon being green would have upset some folks.  they are dead.  i don't care.

Alexis de Tocqueville
abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2007, 02:31:08 AM »

Prophets and Apocalyse will be found always on the Earth. And street vendors selling magic potions, like in the far west times.
Earth has a problem, thats obvious. Human genus, mankind, is egoist. How many people are there on the Earth? 6000 millions? How many of them can eat every day? Or worst, How many fathers can´t give food to their sons? To how many countries can´t you travel because you can be killed only for any coins, or because your shoes? rolleyes
Squander is the word. Man will burn the tropical forest to eat, like were burnt the European forests centuries ago. The problem is that the burner will not eat because companies have slaves, so he will never stop, third world is plenty of hungry slaves.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2007, 06:27:29 AM »

I always think it is funny how people look at the possible extinction of mankind and talk as if it were a bad thing. We won't be around to see it happen, so why should we care. And there will be no one left to morn that mankind is gone.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2007, 11:37:35 AM »

you've said it ALL!
the main problem is somehow pathologic. we just CAN'T and WON'T accept the fact the world is going to hell and there's NOTHING we can do about it. it's much better to blaim ourselves and do bunch of stuff that's not connected to the problem.

and Alan, yes i ckecked out some info, type "temperatures last one hundred years" into google, and try to explain them.

no, it's nor mankind who's egoistic, capitalistic! ALL of living materials are orientated this way, just think about a plant or animal, which of them wouldn't spread until depleting materials around it, IF it could?
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2007, 11:47:02 AM »

good point mici.

most of nature is aggressive and self destructive.  elk will eat and multiply until the food is gone.  then they will starve the next winter.  predatory animals will kill all available food and then move on.  then old mom nature will throw in an earthquake, volcano, or tsunami, and kill off everything in it's path.

we are a part in the natural cycle of things.  if we have a great die off...even if we do it to ourselves...it is the way of things.

Alexis de Tocqueville
wouldee
New Bee

« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2007, 04:01:31 PM »

If man ever finds out the are directly responsable for the climate change then....
Man will understand they have the ability to change the climate....
Then man will try to fix the climate....totally screwing it up and killing our entire planet...
I hope we never learn whats changing it....

my 2 cents
Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2007, 04:44:59 PM »

go to the first page of this tread, there's a link to a movie. everyhing is just too obvius for us to see, that's why we don't see it and believe to those "scientist"
but like you said, we blaim ourselves, just so we are responsible for it, to not have an excuse like "we didn't do it, we can't change it", so we have to TRY changing it. mission impossible.
lol, i've seen some ideas on slowing it down, some think that releasing large particles to block the sun would help, hmmm, now why did we pu filters on our factories grin

bah, just wanted to say WE KNOW what's changing it, nevertheless check out that movie!

HA! there's a public conversation on our national TV about the last meeting. hmmm some insist with the CO2 theory, while one guy, i am 100% sure, saw this movie, he's inducing that CO2 doesn't have a global warming effect, but, BUT they always pretend like he didn't say anything..they just keep on..." global warming, CO2 emmisions, natural disasters, CO2 emmisons.." stupid....
but i see progress!!!!
abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2007, 05:02:00 PM »

Hey, mi son was with the scouts last weekend visiting Sierra Nevada, to enjoy the snow (its the coldest spring I rmember), and they found an old grave with a newspaper (news-stone better said) written in the year 2000 before Christ (MM BC) that you can read. shocked

http://img357.imageshack.us/my.php?image=huesitos2tg8.jpg
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2007, 05:51:31 PM »

Hey, mi son was with the scouts last weekend visiting Sierra Nevada, to enjoy the snow (its the coldest spring I rmember), and they found an old grave with a newspaper (news-stone better said) written in the year 2000 before Christ (MM BC) that you can read. shocked

http://img357.imageshack.us/my.php?image=huesitos2tg8.jpg
grin  You're baaaad, Abejaruco!   grin

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2007, 05:57:40 PM »

If man ever finds out the are directly responsable for the climate change then....
Man will understand they have the ability to change the climate....
Then man will try to fix the climate....totally screwing it up and killing our entire planet...
I hope we never learn whats changing it....
my 2 cents

I think I read/heard something about "THEY" think they have just abouot got to the point of controlling the weather. Maybe I can find that again.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

Doorman
House Bee

« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2007, 09:54:35 PM »

Mici we need more americans like you!!!!

Some call me a bee farmer, I prefer rancher. What
with millions of tiny livestock foraging the open range, spring and fall round ups. Boy howdy branding their little butts sure is tedious.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2007, 11:27:44 PM »

Did someone mention Al Gore? (How would you like the name Gore?)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070407/ap_on_sc/hurricane_conference;_ylt=Ass1xvl.lLb5Rt_U7dDhO_es0NUE

"A top hurricane forecaster called
Al Gore "a gross alarmist"..."

This part is funny;

"Gray, has long railed against the theory that heat-trapping gases generated by human activity are causing the world to warm."

Then this at the very end;

"Kerry Emanuel, an MIT professor who had feuded with Gray over global warming, said Gray has wrongly "dug (his) heels in" even though there is ample evidence that the world is getting hotter."

He didn't say the world wasn't getting hotter, just that man made gasses were not the cause. People seem to add/delete parts of what people say in order to make they sound all noble.

Jerry

beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2007, 11:47:02 PM »

Mici:

The one point I need to disagree with you on (and surely I can be wrong) is that Americans are in GENERAL Capitalist. We enjoy to see someone take NOTHING and make SOMETHING EXTRAORDINARY from it - seeing millionaires rise from dirt-poor families is PART and EMBEDDED in the American Dream.

Corruptness is NOT indicative with Capitalism, it is a statistic (maybe not an oddity) but small business and even larger companies often try to do the right thing: is laying off 5000 employees the right thing to do "IF" if saves both the company and 30,000 other jobs - I think so.

In life, we all have out "turn in the barrel" luck and talent (not necessarily in that order) play a huge part of your surviving in this type of society. But please, don't blanket statement all corporations together as THE DARK FORCE, there still lives good among the evils of Capitalism.

A good example, in a "WHAT IF SCENARIO" a coworker asked me if I would sell the name Beemaster.com for $50,000 and I said ABSOLUTELY, that is Capitalism - but (and this is what is good about the issue) I would do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to take everyone here and move us all to another place and watch IT grow to the ranks where we are in the search engines now. You see, you CAN have your CAKE and EAT IT TOO!"

I would never give up what we have created here, this site (no matter who may disagree) is the BEST little Bee Forum in the World - the friendliness, interaction and family environment across such a vast plain as EARTH, with all its many political and ethnic diversities FUNCTIONS wonderfully and it is the MEMBERS who make that so - all the spouting about being kind to each other would not work if the members themselves didn't agree we have and need a place to be CIVILISED with each other. The name Beemaster.com doesn't accomplish that, it is all of us - the members. Each time you and everyone else posts or reads a post, you should all be proud of how you conduct yourself.

A post name like Ban the USA could really stir sparks and fires elsewhere, here we state views and debate the issues - of the dozen or so forums (on many topics) I have belonged to, I honestly haven't seen such a cooperative habitation.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next