Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 24, 2014, 04:05:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mici, Slovaquia vs Slovenija  (Read 1384 times)
abejaruco
Field Bee

« on: March 21, 2007, 03:02:30 AM »

Mici, I have found a Spanish Europe mape from the XVII century.
Hispania, France, Italy, Slovenia and Greece. And full point. No problems with the actual puzzle.

Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 12:21:03 PM »

oooh, abejaruco it's nice to see this map. but i must tell you, although the name is in tight connection with Slovenia- obviusly, it's not Slovenija but Slavonija, it's only one of the many regions that was once populated by Slovenians, nowadays, Slavonija lies in the hands of those...Croats!!!
it actually isn't Slavonia but Slovenijeh, it was named Slavonia later, during the period of so called "panSlavizm".

anyway, interesting that Slavonia made it to this map, really interesting, in this case, from observing the map, i'd say this "Slavonia" was meant just as an area populated by Slavs, from other maps i see Slovenijeh is much higher.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 07:13:12 PM »

one day i was helping my grandson with his homework.  he had to identify some countries on a world map.  he was only 8, so he only had to do easy ones smiley

the map had the names of many countries printed on it.  as i looked at it, i realized that even in my lifetime many countries had changed names.  no wonder i am always so confused when i go anywhere!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called the government. They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 03:58:50 AM »

Great map! looks great with the table and stuff. It could be from hundreds of years ago that pic. You have a great knack for decoration!
abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 01:19:52 PM »

The decoration is the aficcion of my wife. Everything made with nobles woods is catched. I want to post a ship that she made piece to piece, (the horse of Troya was not so complicated). It is a "cutty sark" vessel exact retort. 

Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 01:35:21 PM »

ah well...she does a great job, but it's obvious she's also a great housewife. the first picture just doesn't seem right, where's the dust on the books and candle stands! cheesy
abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 01:49:36 PM »

The first picture can´t be cleaned very often, it´s located in the "grenier" of a house that we have in the French Alps, with tons of old thinghs that were found in the "cave". I think that from Napoleon times. But the books are "un mojón" (Pronounced mohon Spanish j= English h). afro
Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 01:54:18 PM »

no no, you got it wrong. i said there's not enough dust Smiley
abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 01:56:32 PM »

Ya, ya  Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: