Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 31, 2014, 01:25:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: darn it's cold up here  (Read 2549 times)
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« on: March 20, 2007, 05:22:48 PM »

I am Cleveland for a few days. Don't you people have any heat up here. How about something that is actually growing. There is still patches of ice and snow on the ground. It is late march people what is going on here? You may "need the seasons" I need warmth and green growing stuff. I can understand why your bees don't come out it is to darn cold and there is nothing to eat. The weather for the rest of the week is gray and cold in Cleveland. It was 73F/23C when I left florida. 32F/0C in Cleveland. Maybe it is just me but I am noticing a big discrepency here. The biggest one being that if I step outside I can see my breath and my face feels like the skin is being stabbed with a bunch of tiny needles? You guys really consider this refreshing?

If I want my margarita frozen all I have to do is walk outside with it.

Okay that was my silly rant for the day. I am going to go and grab some food. And try not to turn into a human popsicle when I go outside.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 05:33:14 PM »

Just another day in paradise for us Yanks. It's 40 degrees here and the sun is shining.Almost left my coat at work and I stopped and got most of my hair cut off for the balmy weather! grin
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 09:01:04 PM »

32 is great.  40 is teeshirt weather.  by the time you get to 60, we are strippin down to the shorts and tank tops.  anything above that?  to darn hot!!

i grew up in the desert and don't mind that heat, but the stuff you guys get in the south is killer.  it's like living in a sauna and breathing through a wet towel!   tongue

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called the government. They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 10:25:15 AM »

32 is great.  40 is teeshirt weather. 

A little nip at the bottle keeps you warm Huh? We got jackets on at 40. 60 is long sleeve shirts. Above 70 we finally start thawing out and able to motivate.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 10:42:19 AM »

This morning at 6:00 it was +4C (39F), it is nippy and chilly.  Rainy.  Man, when is this rain gonna stop?  I can't wait for the 70 degree weather in summertime.  Yeah, the dog days of summer comin' on. 

Brendhan, why do you travel so much?  You always seem to be somewhere else, why not just stay where the temperatures are so nice?  LOL.  Best of the greater days.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 11:50:31 AM »

The earth has a fever.  Maybe we are having chills right now?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called the government. They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 04:01:47 PM »

You'll never know the joy of the first breath of spring. How good the new warmth feels after a cold wintwer. Love the change of seasons myself!

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 05:44:12 PM »

I want cold days, but two or three weeks, no more. Just to eat any hot chesnuts beside chimeney, and to kill any insects in my orchade.
So, light and colour, birds coming back from SouthAfrica, beach, sea and girls wearing few clothes. cool
Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 05:57:18 PM »

oh come on, let's stup whining! we're all the same-at least those of us who have more than 1 season. so! during HOT summer days ( above 30°C) we wish it was cold, we can't wait for snow to come, we just get fed up with the heat. and when winter comes in it's worse, we wish all the snow would dissapear and it was at least 25°C.
ah well, we need something to keep us busy, even if it means negging about the weather all the time rolleyes
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 06:14:07 PM »

While I really want spring, you will never, ever, ever! hear me complain about it being too cold.  I hate the heat with a passion.  The dog days of summer suck for me.  I prefer spring and fall, and I have to have winter to get spring  grin

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2007, 08:33:31 AM »

I am a sun godess.  I love the heat, I love the sun, I love to be working outside in the sun, all summer long.  I don't like the cold winter.  I don't mind the rainy cold winter, but I don't like the freezing and snow.  I can't wait for summertime when I wear the clothes that tan my body.  I am not afraid of the sun at my place and relish the tan.  My hair also goes from brown to very blonde in the summer.  I wear a ponytail most of the time so my hair actually looks like it has been streaked (and it doesn't cost me a penny).

I believe the sun has got a bad rap over the past few years.  I do not wear sunblock.  I think that sunblock does worse for ya than the sun's UV rays.  If I get a skin cancer from the sun, then I will have got it enjoying what I do, fun in the sun.  I know that I get lots of vitamin D cause I don't block out the sun's benefit of adding extra of this vitamin to my diet (LOL).

Anyways, suck it up Ann, bring on the dog days of summer.  Those hazy, lazy crazy days of beer.  Best of the day to come.  I think that the rain may have stopped.  Man is it mucky around here.

My sister and family have gone away for a few days and I am in charge of looking after the ducks and chickens and geese.  Eeeh gads!!!!  The yard is enormous and I'll tell ya, it is mucky!!!  Stinky deep muck in some places.  We have had pretty much nonstop rain for a couple of weeks, save one or two days of some ltitle bits of sunny days here and there, so I know that mud is in our lives.  But I stepped into a sinkhole (and I should actually say stinkhole) last night and went up to my knees.  The mud went into my rubber boot, my foot got stuck and when I tried to pull my foot out, the rubber boot stayed in the mud and before I could stop, my foot was then stuck in the mud. 

Now if that doesn't frost your kabitskers.  I have had this happen so many times in my life with horses and muck.  YOu would think that I would learn to always when ya think that your boot is gonna get stuck without your foot in it to take a little bit more care.  Sometimes we just don't learn from our mistakes.  Oh well,  if only I could have turned the boot inside out.  So I had to settle with putting this cold, stinky, mucky, and wet boot back on until I could turn the hose on and fill it full of water to wash it out.  Now I have to deal with a boot that is gonna take a couple of days to dry.  Maybe I will see if there are extra boots at my sisters house.   I am sure that they are, yeah!!!!  Now that is a good thought.  Maybe I'll try a trick and get her boot stuck too.  All have the best day.  I know that I am.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2007, 09:45:24 AM »

I fly home today. It has been cold and rainy. There has been only one day of sun. The rest are overcast. It will be nice to be home.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2007, 08:40:48 PM »

Ah, Cindi, I said nothing about the sun, I love the sun, it's that hazy hot humid crap I can't move in.  No thank you.  That's why we're retiring to Maine.  Someday I hope to have my nice little farmhouse up there with a couple two three acres to call our own away from the madding crowd.  Yes, it can get hot up there, but only for a moment, and that suits me jest fine!  grin

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2007, 08:52:27 PM »

Well right now I am sitting in the detroit airport. The airport is freezing. One of the trips I made today before I went to the airport was to the Cleveland Botanical Garden. Not a bad place. I have never been so comfortable as when I go into the greenhouse. Why? Because it was a hot humid enviroment. Kinda like SoFla. It was good to have some humidity again. The wind whipping off the lake at 30mph/48.3 kph doesn't make for a good level of humidity and it was darn cold. My flight is running 45 min. late. Oh well just look for the human popsicle sitting near the boarding gate.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

nepenthes
Field Bee

Little honey bee in flight

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2007, 10:59:41 AM »

Brendhan suck it up!

Youre just a big baby!

"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2007, 09:48:02 PM »

Brendhan suck it up!

Youre just a big baby!
Your right.
 73 °F  / 23 °C   
Current temp in Florida.
I will be a big baby when I am freezing in Cleveland and it is nice and warm in Florida.
And since I am home now I am going to go whine about the miserable cold in my frozen margarita.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2007, 11:14:40 PM »

Oh ya, the marguaritas and the summer time wine, oh, oh, summer wine!!!  Gonna make some of that summer wine!!!!   Strawberries, cherries (maybe an angel's kiss in spring), our summer wine will be made of all those things.!!! Adding within....blueberries, raspberries, huckleberries, blackberries, and maybe if I can get the kids motivated, dandelions too...Should be the tropical punch of all wines, save we are in the rainforest, not tropics.

The bees were flying like there was no tomorrow, in the stronger of my two weak colonies today.  We have had a couple of weeks of steady rain, with a little bit of a relief now and then from this wretched rain.  The this poor, little, weak colony, well, it has gone by the wayside, but that is another story I will get into at another time, sad, but good.  Less stress on my soul.  Best of the better days. Cindi

Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2007, 02:57:54 PM »

Whacher talkin' 'bout???

78 and sunny up here in the frozen north!!!

Rick
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next