Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 21, 2014, 08:51:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: another book rec.  (Read 652 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: March 25, 2007, 12:53:30 PM »

this is another one for history nuts.  it's "Ultimate Sacrifice" by Lamar Waldron and Thom Hartmann.  I am not into conspiracy theories, but the JFK assassination has always interested me.  this book is long and complicated, but makes use of many interviews from people who served during that admin. and of documents released in the '90's.  lots of new stuff in there.

the assassination aside, it is interesting to see some of the inner working of a unique admin and the flow of people from one admin to another.  the role of RFK is particularly interesting.  the secrecy and compartmentalizing of various plots to overthrow Castro, and use the Mob, etc. is a story that we have only begun to hear, and there is more in this book than i have heard before.

anyway...i have not finished it, but so far it's pretty interesting.  don't take it to bed...it will put you to sleep!   Wink

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next