Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 23, 2014, 10:27:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Close to home  (Read 1020 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« on: March 10, 2007, 11:20:31 PM »

Nope not the TV series.

Things have a whole different meaning when things happen in your area, or your work place. This happened where my wife works.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070311/ap_on_re_us/infant_abducted;_ylt=AgTlwsg_NCcmpcaN_DvMGp.s0NUE

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 11:46:24 PM »

i saw that.  no news yet?  that takes some stones.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 12:27:37 AM »

Our paper picked it up on a wire service.
It was scary that this was not the first in 12 months. I remember there was one in June.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 07:48:35 AM »

There is no telling what i would do to that person if they were caught with my child.  there probaly wouldn't be a trial for the abduction though.

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 10:18:46 AM »

Man, this world is becoming a sicker and sicker place to live.  Too bad we couldn't turn it back about 50 years.  As a child, I don't ever remember having the horror that is put into all our children about abduction and such things.  We were certainlyh told not to talk to strangers.  So I know that threat was present during my childhood days, but not to the extent that our poor kids have to live in within this lovely old world.

It is all probably relative, back 50 years ago there was not the population as there is now.  Wonder what the statistics would be in relation to now and then with child abduction and the other awful things that occur in this world.  Best of the beautiful day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 11:32:37 AM »

cindi, i am sure almost nothing has changed. maybe the numer of rapist/child abusers/child molestors/kidnappers have gone up or down, i think there's no way of telling, what has changed is the rate of received information. 50 years ago..hell i wouldn't even know if you had a tornado. but nowadays...same goes for natural disasters, the number hasn't increased only the number of reporst, you think that a hundred years ago we would know about the  Asias cunami (2 years ago?)? hell we would..maybe the word would come to us...in about a year or so.
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 11:45:39 AM »

Mici, now that is a different perspective.  Yes, at the tips of our fingertips we can get any kind of information that we could possibly ever even began to dream of even just a few years ago.

About 8 years ago (it could be more or less, I am just guessing), I remember visiting a girlfriend in a neighbouring town.  Her boyfriend was getting hooked up to the internet.  That was alien to me.  What in the heck was internet?  How soon that thought changed.  I love the internet, I love everything about it, it is such a tool of information gathering and giving.  Best of the greatest day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 12:11:24 PM »

They found the baby;

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070311/ap_on_re_us/infant_abducted;_ylt=Ah7ad1tuTvWEdjVLPDc0VuPMWM0F

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next