Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 27, 2014, 01:00:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BEEMASTER OWN NASCAR OFFICE POOL TEMPLATE  (Read 2694 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: March 08, 2007, 10:33:19 PM »

Hi Nascar Fans:

I've been working nearly a month to come up with FAIR and BALANCED pool for Nascar - a pool where RANDOM betting lines is the key. This pool is actually THREE pools in one - a win, place and show pool.

Here is how the pool works:

1) you fill in the squares of the pool slots, win, place and show - or any combos, each has a bet value: $2 win, $2 Place, $1 Show. You can bet as many open slots you wish as that price list. Only one name per slot.

2) When Qualifying Starts, the bet sheet is frozen - all slots with open space should be X'ed out to prevent LATE BETTING.

3) You take the official Qualifying Run of the Nascar Event and enter each of the 43 cars on small slips of paper to be DRAWN from a bag in the next step.

4) Have someone draw one slip of paper containing a car number at a time - enter the number on the sheet in the order drawn until all 43 cars are listed randomly on the sheet.

The beauty is this pool is FULLY RANDOM, you have no say over WHO you think will win, you are hoping for the cars in the random slot you picked earlier.

Also, if there are no winners, the betting carries over to the following week and additional bets can be place AND NEW PLAYERS can join in at the NUMBER OF WEEKS WITHOUT A WINNER times THE COST OF THE BET LINE.

I'll be trying this out this next race is Las Vegas. We have at least 10 guys at work wanting to play and another 4 with interest. Hope you enjoy this.

Click on link image until a larger readable image appears. A 10"X8" sheet is available for printing  - print this portrait.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 11:04:07 AM by beemaster » Logged

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations page link for more details. Please help if you can.
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 03:09:37 PM »

Wow,  that is a little more complicated than the pool we run.

There is eight of us and we draw numbers 1 thru 8 out of a hat prior to qualifying.

#1 gets the drivers that qual. 1,9,17,25,33
#2 gets the drivers that qual. 2,10,18,26,34
#3 gets the drivers that qual. 3,11,19,27,35
etc.
etc.

Then we just total up the finishing order of the drivers.  We then go out to lunch and the 3 with the highest totals pay.

I felt pretty comfortable for the Daytona 500 with Jr., Truex, Johnson, Blaney, and Petty.   Needless to say I didn't fair well and ended up with an average finish of 35th embarassed  As one collegue had to remind me that a guy who finished upside down, backwards, and on fire still beat everyone on my team Cry

Hopefully I'll fair better with NCAA basketball.   I ended up buying lunch for the college bowl pool too embarassed

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 03:27:18 PM »

My Pool had to tolerate many variables - most obvious number of players, how much they were willing to bet any given week, adding players on carry-over weeks and also forcing random a playing sheet.

Any single bet on any of the three pay lines is 43 to one - without knowledge of driver qualifying and the randomness of the draw. Choosing any slot in the top ten positions has zero advantage since pole position has no bearing in pool.

The good thing about this too is it easily can be used for other racing events, Busch and Truck Series. Additional paylines could be added, a $1 pay line for fastest lap, most laps lead, etc.

But of all the options, buying in after a series of no winner weeks is a great feature, again with no advantage or disadvantage - only an increase in the pot and the added advantage of more slots filled so a winner might be drawn.

If we had a fixed number of players, I can see where your pool makes sense, but we could literally range from a few to dozens of bets per week on any line - having that flexibility was a major struggle in designing the pool.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations page link for more details. Please help if you can.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next