Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 30, 2014, 08:28:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ready to Spring Forward?  (Read 1543 times)
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« on: March 08, 2007, 10:31:40 PM »

Just thought I should remind you Daylight-saving time begins three weeks early this year, on Sunday, March 11, and lasts one week longer than normal, ending Nov. 4.

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 11:17:40 PM »

Chick a boom, chick a boom, don't ya just love it?

I love the longer days' evenings.  It is a wonderful awakening from the winter hibernation, a reward for being patient through the short days.  It it the time for rejuvenating the body, heart and soul.  Eating fresh vegetables, our health improving from all the added benefits of the summer food fest.  Yes, bring on the long daylight hours.  Best of the best day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 03:39:43 AM »

I cant wait for it to end here at the end of the month, hate it being dark now at 6am when its such nice weather!
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 07:42:55 AM »

Mick, love the new Avitar Smiley

Cindi, with Day light savings time - the flowers get an EXTRA HOUR of Sunlight a day to grow in the Spring!!

Dallas, I only have to work 7 hours Saturday - whoohoo Tongue

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 09:30:26 AM »

Well, I guess I'm the Daylight Savings Time party pooper. I don't like it, mainly because of the 'fall behind' time change.  It just makes winter all the more dark.  It doesn't save as much energy as they're saying, what many don't remember is we did this back in the early 70's and rescinded it because, at least around here, in the more northerly states, kids were standing in the dark waiting for schoolbuses.  Not a good situation.  They also found that - whodathunkit - people used their lights preparing for those buses, or getting ready for work.  Geniuses!  I hope they go back to the regular April/October schedule.  Or just get rid of it completely.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 12:31:13 PM »

All the crap I have to deal with in order to correct computers. I am not a happy camper.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 11:55:30 AM »

Bring on the spring and daylight!!!!!!  All I can say.  Oh, the dog days of summer.  Best of the day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
buzzbeejr
Josh
Youth Group
Field Bee

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 01:38:25 PM »

thanks for reminding me dallas i just put it on my calender and the forums calender.

MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson
Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 06:34:45 PM »

ermmm you talking bout' moving the clock? already...darn
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 12:09:20 PM »

For the first day of Daylight savings time, A.K.A. energy savings time change, we have thunderstorms. Very dark skies so we have to turn on the lights.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 08:52:03 PM »

Jerry, now that is interesting.  Today, first day of DST, we have had rain non-stop (actually since yesterday), and it has been coming down like nothing on this earth.  Now and then there is a part of my yard that makes a lake when we have rain like this.  Rarely does this every happen here, maybe once a year.  We are in the rainforest, that is absolutely fact, but usually it rains, lets up, rains, not this non-stop, drenching precipitation.  I will post a picture.  So I am sitting here, the rain is noisy.  It was so noisy actually, that it intimidated me and I left my greenhouse to come up to the little bit more quiet of my house.  Now that is loud, let me tell you.  Well, I guess the rain is good, but now I have to go and backwash so much water out of my pool.  It is almost overflowing.  BUT, it is going to have to wait until I get a break in the rain.  the rain is still not letting up, so the longer it rains, the deeper this puddle will get. 
The temperature now at 5:30 P.M. is 13 celsius, 55 F.

The picture of my husband with the loppers in hand was taken last week, Wednesday or so.  That day it was 16 celsius, now that was the t-shirt weather for sure.  We were pretty hot working in the sunshine, pruning and dragging away the branches.  The trees that we were pruning offer a wonderful fence so that our neighbours on the north side are not visible.  Behind the pruned hemlocks, the salmon berry bushes grow up about 2 feet higher than these hemlocks, the salmon berry bushes will be growing foliage soon, and this foliage is quite dense from the ground to the top of the salmon berry shrubs.  The berries are very enticing to the robins and other birds that love the fruit, but in my eye they are too tasteless to bother with.  Besides, I learned long ago that bugs love to nestle inside these little fruit that resemble blackberry/raspberry fruit.  Too many times I have had that taste of bad bug in my mouth.  I discourage the kids to eat this fruit, except they pay no heed generally.  And it is actually kind of funny to see the look on their faces when they have not listened. 

Have the awesome and best of day.  Cindi

My husband, thank the heavens above that he is very tall.  I couldn't even begin to reach that high up.

buzzbeejr
Josh
Youth Group
Field Bee

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 09:54:54 AM »

Cindi i'm jealous, you have a pool and we don't Cry grin

MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next