Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 30, 2014, 11:03:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Walk or Starve?  (Read 1577 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« on: March 07, 2007, 09:37:15 AM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070307/sc_nm/renewable_energy_hunger_dc;_ylt=Ar_oBM9dmDHibRD4r8DCrm3MWM0F

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 10:50:18 AM »

those who embrace evolution, conveniently ignore the part about the strongest surviving.  could be that we'll come to the conclusion that we must do whatever is necessary to survive, and the rest of the world will have to figure out how to take care of themselves. 

who knows?  there might be a great revival of individual effort and innovation!  some of these countries that depend on aid, might actually have to figure out how to get people fed and working before they are stomped.  some folks won't make it, but that is the natural order of things.

we might want to get those borders secured.......

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 12:40:34 AM »

Less beef and chicken,

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070309/sc_nm/usa_crops_dc;_ylt=AtM6yljpvXrc5A7FQn3aEizMWM0F

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 08:28:11 AM »

Less beef and chicken,

no problem, as long as i don't try a lion, pig is the king of all animals, to me!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 10:56:29 AM »

pig and goat.  they'll eat about anything.  now all the crop farmers will turn over their fields to corn production.  watch other crops go up in price.  i feel bad for the vegetarians   Cry

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 11:00:15 AM »

But the price of meat is going to go up also because of the fewer being set to the butcher and the price of the feed for them.

Jerry

Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 12:25:33 PM »

that sux for the 3rd world countries and their farmers. it's actually good for me, or should i say farmers in europe since the current meat price is absolutely ridiciouls!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 11:49:02 PM »

life is not fair.....

hows your cattle market?  last time i was in europe, they were just starting to put beef back in the shops.  you still had to go to the farmes market to get anything good.  seemed to be a lot of lanb  tongue and pork, but not much chicken or beef.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2007, 12:35:55 PM »

we never had any problems, at least not with shortage of anykind of meat. you can get anything in just about any a bit bigger store.actually lamb meat is quite rare around here.
last time you were in europe..that was what 6 months? possibility of BSE "stress" is eliminated and there was no bird flue alarm in the last 6 months...looks like you were just in the wrong corner of the europe.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 12:43:17 PM »

i was there end of August and beginning of September.  it was the BSE and bird flu scare.  i don't think there was a shortage of meat, just a shortage of people who wanted to eat it  smiley

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 06:39:28 PM »

I can't remember what all the scares we have had around here about beef. But I never once thought about not eating it. I can give up a lot of stuff but not my beef.

Jerry

Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 11:08:33 AM »

from all cucumber shaped vegetables i sware by salami!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next