Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 16, 2014, 11:39:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bee Masters course completed  (Read 1181 times)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« on: March 03, 2007, 10:13:55 AM »

Yeah!!!!  I got through the 5 day Bee Masters course at SFU.  What a time.  I think that I gained some very wonderful informations and much of it will remain within the confines of my skull.

It was a long week being away from home for about 12 hours each day, but it was a great feeling of accomplishment.

I wrote the exam and feel pretty confident that I will receive a high mark.  Time will be the teller of this tale.  This mark will indicate if I understood the information and some information retained. 

I am off to discover the wonderful structure that my husband worked so hard on to surprise me with.  A new greenhouse!!!!  It is almost light enough to really go and have a good look at his accomplishment.  Seems like that we both had a major event occur in our lives this past week.  Well, I am off to go and do the look at his project.  I am a lucky woman and I am grateful for that.  All have a great day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 10:30:10 AM »

Yes, but 2 weeks after the course it all leaks out your ears and into your pillow when you sleep and you forget most of it.

I can't even remember what i had for lunch yesterday, but my pillow remembers.

Congradulations on taking and finishing the course.

Please present you dipolma to your bees I am sure once they see it they will all line up and copperate fully with you now.  Wink

I tried that with a wedding ring on my wife it had the opposite effect now all she does is touch her ring and I have to line up and fully copperate. I think the jewlry store conspired with my wife.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 09:04:01 AM »

Brendhan, oooh you make me wanna laugh, oooh you make me wanna shout, I like the sprite in you.  Have an awesome and wonderful day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 11:41:51 AM »

Congratulations on doing so well in the course!!
If all that info does leak out sleep with your head under the pillow and maybe it'll seep back in!
I remember Charlie Brown always slept with a book under his pillow before a test so the answers would
creep in!
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 01:08:29 PM »

Congratulations Cindi:

I will be interesting to see you on the ANSWERING side of questions in the forum - if NOT from what you learned, but from what you can now deduce!!

I'm very proud you put the time and effort into the course, I'm sure it will pay off greatly. I hope more than anything else it gives you greater insight as you sit "Watching the bees" as I know you love to do.

My father always said "The more you know, the more you know you DON'T know!" and now, you should be light years beyond general observation - VERY GOOD for you!!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
eivindm
Global Moderator
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 01:25:25 PM »

Congratiolations with the course, Cindi!

My first thought when I read "beemaster course" in the title of the post, was that you had been reading through John's beekeeping course smiley  That was actually my first reading experience about beekeeping, and I got really fascinated by the reading and made me want to learn more.
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 10:02:16 PM »

Thanks everyone for the praise.  Gotta love that, who doesn't run on praise?

John, you said something very interesting.  You said that the more you know, the more that you find out that you don't know.  Your father was indeed correct.  I was astounded when I sat for all those hours listening to these masters.  People that have devoted their life to apiculture, agriculture and all else who knows what.  They have been to university to study about our dear friends, apis.  they are still in university studying and performing research.  They were even stumped at times when a course member would ask a question now and that they did not have an answer to.  They are still learning too.

I think that I may have learned alot of good stuff.  I do not feel that I have even touched the smallest tip of this iceberg.  But I am going to try and get closer to the centre, maybe then, years down the road I will feel comfortable to be able to mentor others.  That would be a wonderful thing to do.  Imparting knowledge is a wonderful gift to pass along.  So many members of this forum probably don't even realize how much their words of encouragement, advice, and so on impact the lives of others in positive and wonderful ways.  Let's keep learning and learning and pass on our learning to others who ask for the learn.  All have a wonderful day.  Cindi

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next