Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 22, 2014, 11:06:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spring has Sprung!  (Read 1637 times)
reinbeau
Super Bee

« on: March 10, 2007, 10:39:44 AM »

I walked out the door at 7:50 am and immediately noticed it - the smell of Spring! I love it when you draw that first fresh breath of spring.  I'm so happy!

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 11:02:19 AM »

That first deep breath of spring around here is full of blowing dust.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 10:56:46 AM »

Well, Jerry, your wet-blanket reply seems to have brought a Nor'easter to New England.  Yea, that's it, it's all your fault I can't play in my garden today (or tomorrow, probably not until next week at this point!)  evil

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 12:04:10 PM »

Poor baby.  grin Yep I'm in cahoots with the weather man. I did it. It was me.  evil
We did have our blowing dust days, and I believe Cindi must have sent us some of her rain. It rained for three days. We sure need the water so can't complain. But my place gets muddy. (TGF4WD)

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 02:24:03 PM »

i know you don't get the language but the icons are ...somewhat understandable, for a little help "ponedeljek" means monday. so much about the spring! darn winter, if it hadn't been here for so long, don't come now, when my bees are in full swing of development, darn!!!

http://www.pro-vreme.net/index.php?ID=4
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 04:54:22 PM »

You're saying about Monday it is going to be cold and snowing.

Jerry

Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 05:45:34 PM »

more generaly, a weather shift a so called "cold spell", at the worst possible time!
Kev
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 07:32:33 PM »

I walked out the door at 7:50 am and immediately noticed it - the smell of Spring! I love it when you draw that first fresh breath of spring.  I'm so happy!

Not spring here in eastern NY. MUD SEASON.

kev

One could do worse than be a swinger of birches.
brydie
New Bee

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 09:20:06 PM »

It's Autumn (Fall) over here in Oz...and in northern Australia it's the tail end of our wet season....who's complaining about 3 days of rain?Huh??  We just finished up 3 months of it....you have got to see my lawns!!!  We don't really get a shift in temperature for seasons in northern Australia, just a dry season (Fall - Winter) @ about 34 degrees celcius and 70% humidity during the day and a wet season (Spring - Summer) @ about 34 degrees celcius and 90% humidity.

But spring is still my favourite time of year also reinbeau, there is just something in the air!  Have a great day, enjoy your Spring!!  Regards Brydie
Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 02:45:54 PM »

brydie, those 3 days of rain...wish it was rain, right now, we're having...well we have 5cm snow and still snowing (the white stuff grin) and still snowing like hell, plus i see lightnings and hear thunder-.. shocked snow+lightning..rarely seen huh?
brydie
New Bee

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 06:02:21 PM »

No snow here Mici!  It would look pretty cool on the palm trees tho  Smiley

mmmm snow AND lightning?  I reckon you're in for some wild weather.  We get really big storms here in the lead up to the wet season, cracker lightning shows (especially cool when it's over a burning sugar cane field) and thunder that shakes the house and sends the dog running to her mummy (me)  grin

Hey I have seen snow once, I lived in America for about 4 months when I was younger (much younger Smiley).  I lived in Green River Wyoming and was lucky enough to have a white Christmas and all.  Very special for me coming from the tropics!  I must say though I absolutely froze!  I have never felt anything so cold in all my life!  It was heaps of fun thowing snowballs and building snowmen etc (especially for a 4 year old kid!!)

Well, enjoy your snow, while I sit back and watch the waterfall down the side of the "Pyramid" (a huge mountain at the back of my place 900 metres high), 'cause it just WON'T STOP RAINING!!!!! shocked
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 10:26:43 PM »

Well, it won't stop snowing here.  Actually, it did stop on Saturday, after three inches of rain on seven inches of snow, so we've got a lovely crust out there, and it's snowing AGAIN!!!  March is always like this around here  rolleyes

But at 8:07 pm tomorrow night (Eastern DST) spring will have officially sprung!   And soon we'll have this:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next