Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 31, 2014, 02:09:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oysterfest 2007  (Read 1334 times)
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« on: February 25, 2007, 06:21:56 PM »

I found myself with some spare time in the buckhead section of Atlanta.
So I wondered into this streetfest. I had no idea what was going on so I figured I would look into in. Well it was Oysterfest 2007. I guess this is the last year for it also since the property has been sold.

Now for me, raw oysters and beer is a way to obtain Nirvana. So I figure I do make a financial donation for the good of the local community and my being able to obtain inner peace.

Let us take a moment and view the tools needed to obtain inner peace.

Now inner peace is achieved with a little work. I had to shuck my own oysters. However that was no problem and the doctors were able to sew back on most of the fingers on my left hand.

Of course all inner moments of happiness must come to an end. So I must share this picture of sadness with you.

I hope everyone enjoyed this shared state of Zen. We now resume our regular broadcast.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 02:13:08 AM »

i can handle oysters smoked, or fried in batter, but raw, its like eating snot, someone elses I imagine shocked
lively Bee's
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 08:02:08 AM »

Understudy you are a man after my own heart.

Beer, Oysters, Hot sauce, and some fresh horseradish and man o man. 

We went to a bubba gumps a few years ago and they were doing a all you can eat raw oyster deal. So I bellied up to the bar and 3 buckets "20 oysters in a bucket" and 4 beers later I was done. I retired back to the hotel with my wife.

Hmmmm Now I wont oysters.

KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 11:55:49 AM »

Love the Buckhead section of Atlanta. Try the Buckhead diners coconut cream pie. Best ever!!!!!!!. Love oysters too. Shucking oysters is difficult. Good job.

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 09:01:02 PM »

Watch out oyster eaters;
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/oyster_recall;_ylt=AhCy0TLKSqss7PaZioCc5QLMWM0F

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
nepenthes
Field Bee

Little honey bee in flight

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 11:00:03 PM »

OH, oysterfest...

I was like "What chu talkin bout" its to early for the ozzfest!

"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 10:08:34 PM »

Raw oysters--yum yum.  They slide down your throat like a slug down a drain pipe.
Did you know that raw butter clams have a taste reminiscent of butter which is how they got their name.  Very good eating, raw.
But the piece of resistance is a Gooey Duck.  Better raw than cooked.  Any frest raw seafood is good. 

Lox & Sushi forever. 

Steak is best Rare.  Tartar or Bleu is just a little to bland.  Cooking until the fat starts to break down adds to the flavor.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 10:50:37 PM »

i had my first raw fish when i was in Japan.  i was 18 and staying with a very nice Japanese family.  they decided they wanted to honor me with a special dish.  they served a whole table full of raw stuff.  eyeballs, eggs and all.  all i could hear was my mothers voice in my head "be polite!  try everything and smile!"

turned out it was pretty good stuff and i have been hooked ever since.

never did get a taste for the bulls balls soup.  did have fun getting the waiter to explain what the soup was!!   evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 08:13:32 AM »

Raw oysters, Sea urchin roes...beer or sherry, the warm weather, ...la siesta...

Va bene. grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next