Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 28, 2014, 01:27:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fire  (Read 2932 times)
nepenthes
Field Bee

Little honey bee in flight

« on: February 25, 2007, 10:51:08 AM »

Well, i had a fire in the house last night, we were at my moms boyfriends house and came back at the right time they fire department people said that it had preatty much just started, all my stuff is gone, camera, lap top, stero. All my plants and insects are gone. All my clothes.

Im fine, my dog's are fine, my mom is fine. getting things worked out right now, gonna head out and get some clothes, my mom's boyfriends house is far for me to drive so im gonna be looking for a place to stay closer to my school, with a friend for most of the week, hopefully things will be back to semi normal in about 2 weeks.

I dont know about my bee stuff, I think its fine, but i dont know really it sucks, ill find out later today. My guitars and things are fine too, well maybe my saprano got destroyed (saxaphone).

Ill update more later.

"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.
buzzbeejr
Josh
Youth Group
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 11:15:53 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that cody hopefuly you can get everything situated ok.

MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 12:57:02 PM »

That sucks.

I had a fire in an apartment many years ago. It just sucks.

Sincerley,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 01:04:33 PM »

Sorry to here about the loss Cody.Be sure to keep in touch!!
Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 01:15:07 PM »

sorry to hear that cody!
now..when you say all your stuff is gone? what caused the fire..maybe the laptop itself? or is it undisclosed jet?
Kris^
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 06:01:42 PM »

Sorry to hear about that, and about the ants and all.  At least something was salvageable.  A fire like that here would be devastating, too.

Hope it doesn't take too long to pull everything back together again (at least that which can be pulled back together).

-- Kris
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 12:56:30 AM »

Cody:

Sorry for the loss of your creatures, knowing they meant so much and of course the damage to your home. I'm glad you and your Mom are Okay and hope that everything works out quickly and as seamlessly as possible. It's hard to find better words to say "Hope all works out really well."

I'm glad you have a friend near school, that has to help - hopefully you'll be home soon and start fresh on the hobbies that interest you so much. Best wishes our Friend!!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 02:44:27 AM »

JC we are not having a lot of luck around here lately. I so sad that you lost everything you chersih, but glad to see youre all ok physically.

Sounds like anoter "electrical fault" maybe?

nepenthes
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 11:20:35 PM »

Source of the fire-

My dresser is preaty much stuck up against my wall, (was) and their were some wires pinched close together from my stero. The wires supposedly arched and started the fire.

We are living with my mom's boyfriend half an hour away, and thats a long drive daily, my mom is paying for gas and insurance on my car. 4-6 months till the house is completely liveable again.

gotta get to bed its late guys.

Ill update more. Insurance covers allot of the stuff, and my beekeping stuff is fine, my mom wants to get new wax though who knows what kind of chemicals got put in the wax or on it for that matter.

Cheers

"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 02:49:22 AM »

Go Cody, burn the bloody house down, youre a legend!
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 08:56:25 AM »

Cody, the losses are awful.  It is a saving grace that no person was injured, thank that part for sure.  All else is replaceable.  I have not had the horror of ever meeting fire, I could not begin to imagine the feelings of loss, and I feel bad for you.   Keep on keeping on.  Best of the best day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 04:13:15 PM »

Sorry for your loss. Congatulations on being safe and sound in your persons and fur-pets. Things have a way of working out for the best, even though you cant see how at the moment. Most importantly is you and your family's safety.

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
NWIN Beekeeper
Professional Beekeeper
House Bee

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 03:26:24 PM »

[...my mom wants to get new wax though who knows what kind of chemicals got put in the wax or on it for that matter.]

That is highly advisable. Fires consume a lot of things you think about, carpets, padding, and plastics.  All those things create a lot of oily residue when burned.  While it may appear OK, it is so finely aerosolized, its very hard if not impossible to detect by sight, sometimes by smell.  I don't think you want to start out wondering if the bees are ok on potentially dangerous foundation. 

The floor below the apartment I was living in about 6 years ago burned when the tenent fell asleep drunk/stoned while burning a candle.  Though it burned out the entire floor, most of my stuff was smoke damaged beyond resonable cleaning. I was thankful though, because of the floor layout, had I been home, I'd been dead from the smoke a long while before the fire department got there. I can appreciate your disaster, but it can be overcome.

Thankfull it didn't happen while you were asleep or fatally involved any family members. 

Take pictures, you look back on it in a few years and realize it sucked, but that you survived and moved on to being something significant. I say document it, because as time goes you'll forget the miserable time you might be having, and it will give you an appreciation for things later.

Do it over, all of it, and do it again like you have a second chance. 
Do it bigger and better and let the forces that are, be shown that you are stronger than ever.

-Jeff

There is nothing new under the sun. Only your perspective changes to see it anew.
nepenthes
Field Bee

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 03:44:30 PM »

Will definetaly be getting new wax. *great*

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 09:39:39 PM »

Even though you had losses this can be a new beginning!
Get  that new wax on, the bees will be here before you know it!!
Hope all goes well and you get settled back home soon.We're always around if you want someone to chat with!
nepenthes
Field Bee

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 01:25:23 PM »

I ended up wrecking my car on the way home from drama practice (now a half hour drive for me). I am fine, I'm not hurt at all, no fractures, just bumps and bruises. Also, I rolled the car like 4-5 times supposedly. I had dozed off at the wheel. I had a long day and didn't get much sleep the night before.

From now on when I'm tired I'm going to call some one, get out of the car, open a window, or have some one pick me up.

I was only a mile from the house. luckily i didn't hit any one else.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2007, 01:31:13 PM »

we have all done it.  you learned a valuable lesson the hard way, but as you say, no one got hurt.

hang in there.  sometimes it seems like life just sucks the big one.  ride it out.  it makes for good stories later, and things to nag your own children about when you are a parent.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2007, 01:41:37 PM »

I hear that things come in three's. Have you already had the third one? If not watch out.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2007, 01:59:29 PM »

Sorry to here all that is happening with you cody, don't give up things are gonna get better.

Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2007, 03:02:54 PM »

darn, when it starts raining it pours huh?
bah don't worry, sun always comes after rain...if you don't live in England Wink
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next