Yesterday I recieved a massive electric shock from the INLAND LAPIDARY ALL IN WONDER, I was thrown backwards, struck my head and am lucky to be alive.
The seller of the unit EMERALD COAST TREASURES has fobbed me off to the manufacturer. The manufacturer INLAND LAPIDARY has not responded, nearly 24 hours later.
IF YOU OWN ONE OF THESE UNITS CEASE USING IT IMMEDIATELY AND CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER
Its looking like I will have to contact the Office of Electrical Safety. It would not be proper for me to remain silent if there is a faulty batch floating around. If there needs to be an international recall of the units, then so be it and the longer they take to respond, the angrier I will get.
You may recall I posted earlier about the unit causing massive RFI and was told "In the US we make tvs and radios with filters in them" well INLAND LAPIDARY in Australia we make machines that do not cause RFI in the first place and do not cause electric shock!
Perhaps if they had considered my concerns properly, they may have diagnosed an electrical fault with the unit.
I am a reasonable man, but just how long should I give INLAND LAPIDARY to respond? I work for a manufacturer of apliances. I know we have systems in place to deal with faulty products and move like lightning when there is an incident of this nature, and have recalled products when the need be, costing us thousands of dollars. In Japan, our parent company is currently spending millions of dollars inspecting a type of appliance to be on the safe side. Its called good corporate citizenship.
Obviously I would not recommend this unit to my worst enemy given the incident and lack of response thus far.
The motor housing is designed to be taken apart, but I am resisting the temptation, just in case they accuse me of tampering with the unit.
There was a brief rumble, a split second before it blew up on me. There is somethng rattling around inside the motor housing. My guess is some sort of gearing mechanism gave way. However, any design should not lead to parts flying around and interfering with the wiring leading to electric shock.
I am very glad I have common sense, and was wearing rubber soled shoes and standing on a ruber backed mat. Water and electricity are obvioulsy not a good mix. But I trusted this company to have made a good product.
At this stage its a waiting game, but I may be reasonable but Im not very patient.
I now have a pile of opal I can do nothing with, and a weeks annual leave I had taken to use this machine, cannnot be cancelled.
Needless to say, DO NOT BUY THE ALL IN WONDER FROM INLAND LAPIDARY IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE.
Can someone direct me to the US authority that oversees the safety of electrical appliances?