Youre a brave man working with bees when you are allergic to stings.
You suffered anaphylaxsis a serious and rapid allergic reactions usually involving more than one part of the body which, if severe enough, can kill. Your system was reacting to the venom.
You probably shouldnt have driven to the hospital, but a mans gotta do what he has to do in these situations. If an ambulance was a long way off, I spose you had no choice, but you could have easily had a more serious reaction, anaphylactic shock, and died. Either from the bite, or losing consciousness and running off the road and crashing your car.
Im glad you are still around to tell the tale!
You dont have to stop with the bees my friend. Suit up like am astronaut, get an epi pen, wear a talisman that says you are allergic to bee stings, get some health insurance, make sure people around you know you are allergic.
We cant stop living because of these things, we just have to be very careful.
I know you are very sad, but do not give up just yet!