Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 28, 2014, 01:27:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pesky delays  (Read 1046 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« on: February 16, 2007, 01:35:37 AM »

I would think that if someone demanded to be let off, and wasn't, and they had a good lawyer, they might could get kidnapping charges filed in these cases;

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070216/ap_on_go_ot/angry_passengers;_ylt=Ao0441GrtJeQTKgKF8xtzwHMWM0F

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 05:41:31 AM »

I know I would be furious. I think a passenger bill of rights is a good idea. And as much as I travel I am grateful I have very few incidents. The longest delay I have had is four hours but we were at the gate. We never left. The problem is this is not thei first time this has happened. I remember when a plane landed and the passengers were stuck after landing for 8 hours. The airline lobby will fight hard to prevent the passenger bill of rights.

What sucks is I like Jet Blue but they screwed up this time.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 10:33:38 AM »

why didn't someone have the stones to pop the emergency door and deploy the slide?  what kind of people sit on a plane and take that??  what kind of crew allows that to happen??

what are they going to do?  arrest a whole plane load of people as they come off the slide?  and charge them with what? 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 11:20:49 AM »

I sat on a NorthWest Plane over 2 hours on the approach, smack in the middle of a dozen other planes awaiting take off and over a mile from the terminal. The guy on my right smelled of Body Odor and the little frail 40 pound woman on my left was sucking on that fresh air valve hoping for anything near a taste of clean air.

It wasn't like they told us it would be two hours, it was just the opposite and we had updates every few minutes promising that traffic would start moving, of course after a while we didn't believe it either.

You get that Stockholm Syndrome in these situations, falling behind your captives because they control the food, okay a crappy sandwich and maybe peanuts - but we put faith in people like pilots and doctors and any professional who has (forgive the expression) earned their wings.

I do believe 2 hours was pushing our comfort limit, we also knew the pilot and crew were also suffering the delay which was reassuring, but you can't help people going insane after 8-12 hours in that stuffy tube, which to me looks like a boiler with seats it in. Just because you place a wig on a pig, don't make it a princess - a plane is not a luxury hotel that you feel cozy in if a blizzard blow through.

Jet Blue CEOs say there was NO EXCUSE for this and people will be held responsible.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 12:56:23 PM »

i know.  we have all been stuck on the line at one time or another, but come on.....and this wasn't the only plane or the only time this has happened.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 01:33:01 PM »

Here is where Barbara Boxer is going for a passenger's bill of rights. But as I sort of pointed out in the beginning, I really feel people already have the right to get off of the plane, AT ANY TIME IT IS ONE THE GROUND, just by demanding to be let off. If some one was in your car and wanted out and you wouldn't let them go, or if they were wanting to leave your house and you wouldn't let them, you could be charge for kidnapping, false imprisonment, hostage taking, and who knows what else.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_travel/20070216/ap_tr_ge/travel_brief_passenger_bill_of_rights;_ylt=Apm084EPnvb7.fP_9ENHKVPMWM0F

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 04:45:37 PM »

why didn't someone have the stones to pop the emergency door and deploy the slide?  what kind of people sit on a plane and take that??  what kind of crew allows that to happen??

what are they going to do?  arrest a whole plane load of people as they come off the slide?  and charge them with what? 

The staff did open the doors on occasion to let in fresh air.
However if a passenger does it, or a group of them does it, they will get arrested. Yes, the Feds would arrest the entire plane load of passengers. The feds would show up with a bus and a mobile ladder. To bad the airports don't have them. The problem is the 15 foot drop from the door to the tarmac below. The airlines lobbied hard against a passenger bill of rights a few years back when a similar incident happened.  I think it is deplorable. Basically if you get stuck there is not much you can do. I would be calling 911 saying I was kidnapped. Because if you are going to hold me against my will like that someone is going to jail.

They would charge with disruption of air commerce, terrorism, and a bunch of other items.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 05:08:33 PM »

They would charge with disruption of air commerce, terrorism, and a bunch of other items.

i think it would be worth taking the chance....at least for someone like me, who could afford to spend a few nites in jail and make a big press stink.  betcha money that charges would be dropped and it wouldn't happen again....on top of that, you could scare the tar out of the airlines and anyone else that you can slap with a lawsuit.

most times i wouldn't advocate doing something like that, but when you are paying big bucks to be crammed in a tin can and fed a handful of peanuts so that you can get from one place to another, you ought to be getting better treatment.  i  don't fly UAL anymore because they angry me off one to many times.  i'm not sitting on the tarmac for 9 hours while someone hangs out with their head in a warm dark place, and can't figure out what to do.

BTW....if you open the emergency door....the slide deploys.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 06:04:04 PM »

START THE REBELLION 

Jerry

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next