Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 30, 2014, 07:05:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Retama monosperma blossom  (Read 1640 times)
abejaruco
Field Bee

« on: February 07, 2007, 03:05:23 PM »

There is a little forest of Retama at seaside. Retama is a great nectar source and the honey is very wanted in other places like Canary islands, where can be find in the Teide Volcano. This mountain is so high that a great diversity of weathers with different plants can be found.
Here, in my village I can´t find a single bee in these flowers.

abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 05:21:21 PM »

Perhaps the bees are "beaching".

Kirk-o
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 09:46:49 PM »

What a beautiful Photo
kirk-o rolleyes

"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 08:55:57 AM »

Abejaruco.  Does the Retama monosperma get any kind of fruit or is it just a beautiful tree.  What lovely pictures of your flora.  Again, so nice to get a glimpse into your area of the world.  Greatest of days.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 03:34:32 AM »

Retama is a bush. The fruit are seeds similar to the Vicia faba. Leguminosae.
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 09:18:35 AM »

Abejaruco, very nice.  I googled the monosperma and a common name is "bridal veil broom".  We have a beautiful shrub here that goes by the name of "bridal veil", but it is very different.  I have two species, a pink flowered one that blooms the end of May bridal veil X buumaldi.  The bees goe absolutely nuts on this pretty tree.  The fragrance can be noticed more than 15 feet away.  The other species is white.  Non-scented and blooms only for a very short period.  Both are pretty in their own ways.

Spring is the time of beauty in the shrubs and trees, I will be off this year with my camera in hand to take many pictures of these beautiful wonders of the nature that I know I take for granted.  Sometimes, I just don't take the time to stop and smell the roses.  Greatest of days.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next