Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 22, 2014, 08:45:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You know work sucks when...........  (Read 1485 times)
mick
Queen Bee

« on: February 01, 2007, 04:30:50 AM »

We have a real nasty piece of work with us now. She was OK till she was made fulltime permamanet.

She has ingratiated herself with those that matter on the food chain. So far she has got rid of a mother and daughter. Mum worked for us for 8.5 years, Daughter, 3 years. They treated the daughter so bad she resigned... but has found a terrific job on the Gold Coast as a sales rep! Mum was "offered voluntary redundancy" a month later. Gone, shown the door, no goodbyes, yesterday.

I liked them both.

I know office politics better than anyone else on the planet. My experience combined with my studies of human nature and ESP thrown in told me it was gunna happen. I warned them both as best as I could without SPELLING it out, and getting involved, but they just looked at me as if I was mad.

It makes me so sad and mad.

Theres a few more in this creatures firing line. Me, I can feel the vibe, and a guy in the warehouse, and another old bloke. They are replacing anyone with independant thought with kids on $25,000 a year.

Its just so sad.

I, however know how to play the game, squirrelinig away sensitive data as a levering tool if I get the "can I see you" call.

The new guard is gettig rid of anyone associated with the old guard. Makes me sick.

I have resurrected the 8 awards I have been given in 4.5 years, certificates etc and pinning them on the wall behind my desk tomorrow. Im not into that sort of thing,thats why they have been at home in an envelope in a draw,  but I reckon they will get the message "HANDS OFF".

Its intersting just how spiteful a female can be. Manipulative to the extreme, I have watched how this witch manoeveres, shes very clever. Has everyone at work feeling sorry for her, her emotions at having to get rid of these two people. Dumb males fal for it, makes me even sicker.

LOL, now when I see the little collectives whispering, I stand up and wave at them. Not a good career move, but Ive never been one to sit on the fence!

Its funny, the girls I have asked for advice all agree that females are much nastier than males when it comes to these situations.

I hate work politics, I have to bite the bullet, get a license to drive a light truck, and leave for the bee keeping industry.

Its written in the stars.

There endeth my venting.

indypartridge
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 07:23:26 AM »

Its funny, the girls I have asked for advice all agree that females are much nastier than males when it comes to these situations.
Interesting observation. Looking back on my 25+ years working in a business environment, I'd have to agree. I've seen some that just delight in putting the screws to co-workers and subordinates.
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 08:05:44 PM »

Mick, chin up brother.  You know your smarter than them and i like your strategic plan.  Good luck.  afro

brydie
New Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 08:53:26 PM »

Hi Mick, hope all goes well for you.  There is a book you might be interested in reading called "Working With Monsters" - available at any good bookstore.  It looks at the "office physcopath" in detail, and how to deal with these monsters at work.  Best of luck - Brydie
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 01:54:11 AM »

Had the annual KPIs today, got all the fours moved up to 5s, changed my job title, changed everything I could change to make it look better, just in case. Ahh I can be shifty too! grin

Agreed to all of it very easily, hmm maybe too easy lol. Couldnt get "manager" in my title, despite people above me calling me a "claims manager". My manager said hes the only manager around here lol. But I ended up with me above the rest of the sheep. Ahh my clever strategy is a long term plan.

For career objectives, I targeted 2IC and 1IC. Nothing like a bit of pressure on those above you to expose a chink in the old armour!

You know after 10 years of service they used to send you to Japan all expenses paid for 2 weeks, even the tea lady got that deal. New MD pulled the plug on that, some people had 9.5 years of service up. Not a nice thing to do to people, but it improves the bottom line.

We made 20 million clear profit last year on sales of 148 million, so still hoping for the 10% annual salary bonus being paid!

If It comes through, I am well on the way to being like Ted and Dallas and owning some land.

(well I could never own as much land as Ted!)
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 08:44:02 AM »

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! sure you could mick, just wright a check from that bank you own, sometime you have to spend a dollar to get something Wink , I know it will hurt but you will enjoy it in the long run, see if you can buy some of that in the Northern territory, you say the land is not for farming but there is Gold in them there hills..... become a prospector!!!!  cheesy Wink

this gold here was found with a metal detector in Australia

here's some map and info sites

http://www.gold-net.com.au/maps1sa.html

http://www.nuggetshooter.com/articles/AustraliaRevisited.html

Australia is down towards the bottom of this site

http://www.goldminershq.com/FRAME/GENERAL/HISTI.HTM

just think Mick ole Buddie, you could find some gold and let that land pay for itself, then you could retire almost as rich as Dallas Wink , but not as rich, only Bill Gates is equal to "Bond,,,, Dallas Bond" (AKA FLORIDA'S 007)!!!!!!!

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 04:53:38 PM »

AHA now the truth comes out, I bet you got more gold then the Saudis!
ayyon2157
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 10:56:43 AM »

Hi Rick:

There is a male type in our organization just like you described who can discredit anyone by constantly reporting negative information about his victim (some true, some slanted, and some entirely fabricated.)

The "bosses" never ask about details, or ask about the other side, but remember the sheer quantity of negative information and either get rid of the victim or give them a bad review.

I remember a comment "I can defeat Muhammed Ali in a boxing match as long as he isn't allowed to hit me back".  As distasteful as "playing politics" is to most of us, it is necessary to work incessantly at it in order to hold your own.  Remenber it is perception, not fact that matters.  Show no mercy.

However, I often remember the old axium that a shore gun doesn't fire on a battleship unless it is able to sink it with the first shot.  In other words, don't force an issue which you might lose.

The "official" answer to problem people such as you describe is that eventually they will be caught up with, but in my experience they are richly rewarded in both the short and long term.

I have learned to think of work as primarily a political exercise, but personally am not ruthless enough to be very successful.

ayyon 2157

William H. Michaels
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2007, 03:36:05 AM »

All very true Ayyon, like you, I just cant be bothered with the politics of it all.
the kid
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 06:09:57 PM »

HONEST !!!!!! I didnt know my sister-in-law work in australia ...

the kid
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next