Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 03, 2014, 01:54:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BostonHoax - there goes another $100 million  (Read 3156 times)
amymcg
House Bee

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2007, 02:25:14 PM »

Like I said before, I'm glad they reacted in the fashion they did. I would have happily waited several hours for them to tell me it was safe then for them to have ignored them and let me get my arse blown off.

Boston has a weird history of terrorism, including anarchists.
lively Bee's
House Bee

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2007, 09:26:33 PM »

As a fire fighter I can tell you that they did not over react at all.  The signs at the bottom had a circuit board that had wires running over to a long battery pack that was wrapped up with what looks like black tape. That could have contained some form of explosive.

I live with in 10 mins from the Y-12 nuclear complex, X-10 research complex, and the K-25 enrichment plant. I work with the local fire department and have trained with home land security, and the local bomb squad on when and what to look for in any suspect package.  I can tell the actions they took in Boston followed all guide lines. 

What if they had not detonated the first devices?  What if it was a terrorist plot? They would have very well killed several hundred people if the devices had exploded.  We all need to face it the UNITED STATES will always be under attack from terrorism like it or not.  So it is better to be safe and not sorry.

The time of asking questions first and acting on the answers is over.  We must act first then ask questions.
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2007, 07:05:31 PM »

One of the cities mentioned as having the devices was Seattle.  The items were quietly removed when located for obvious reasons.

As a retired Police Officer and having worked in Army Intelligence during the Vietnam war, I can tell you that simple things can be made deadly and that caution is always better than indifference.  It makes me feel a lot better when we over react than when we find out a situation has been ignored. 

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2007, 08:48:35 PM »

I said before that I hadn't decided on the issue of how the Boston Police handled the incident with the bomb scare with Aqua Teen Hunger force items.

Today I learned the Boston police blew up a suspicious package chained ot a street lamp. The box chained to a street lamp was a traffic counter. that the DOT uses to measure the number of car driving on a street.
http://www.myfoxboston.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=8D3B8F68A0E457E6249DF9713702B7D7?contentId=2523232&version=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1
Warning Flash needed.

I now believe the Boston Police are over reacting.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2007, 09:46:37 PM »

Ya think??!?  shocked

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2007, 11:44:52 PM »

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2007/05/12/criminal_charges_dropped_in_marketing_stunt/?page=1

Charges dropped.

Sincerley,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next