Small article reprinted here:
Bee man burns down Edenvale house - three stung
August 25, 2005, 13:30
A contractor attempting to smoke out a bee's nest in an Edenvale home allegedly burnt the residence down this morning.
"The contractor tried to get rid of bees in the house by smoking them out. In the process he set the house on fire. It's been destroyed. The roof has caved in," said Ashley Cook, ER24 scene safety inspector. The fire began around 1.30pm and quickly gutted the single-storey house.
Two Edenvale fire engines were at the scene in Shelton avenue, Harmelia. "Now we've got a whole lot of bees that are very aggro. We're trying to get the fire out and are ducking and diving the bees," said Cook.
A domestic worker was treated for a cut on her leg and smoke inhalation. Three other people were treated for bee stings. - Sapa