Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 19, 2014, 01:52:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aussie bushfire update 3,953,545.84 acres burnt  (Read 804 times)
mick
Queen Bee

« on: January 19, 2007, 02:12:46 AM »

I dont want to tempt fate, but its raining! and fire affected areas could recieve 4 inches on the old scale over the next 48 hours.

Nearly 4 million acres have burnt over the last 50 days, the tide may be turning!

Tha canadians brought the rain! 120 US firefighters still on the way! they might get a nice holiday if they are lucky! The Australian Government has paid their costs, so lets hope they arrive!

Thats not a lot of men, I know, but its how these things work. If you had been away from your loved ones, work and a nice bed for a month. It would be nice to get tapped on the shoulder by an American or a Canadian saying "go home for a week mate, i am taking your place"!
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 09:07:44 AM »

Mick, you know that was very good news about the rain.  I hope that more than 4 inches falls, what a relief it will bring from the heat and devastating fire.  Such an incredible loss of flora and fauna.  Hoping something good will come in the end of it.

Ya, you bet it was the guys from B.C. that brought the rain.  that is what we live....rain and more rain.  We have had some pretty terrible fires over the years in the dry interior of our province.  A very bad one in Kelowna about 5 years ago, it was horrible the devastation that was previewed over the TV stations.  I have never had the fire experience, I am grateful for that. 

The closest to fire that I have come was last year when the Burns Bog was smoldering.  That was about 40 km away and we could smell and see the hazy smoke in the air.  It was not good.  But it was NOTHING compared to the smoke and fire that you must have bore witness too, I am sorry for that.  Great day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 05:15:58 PM »

Glad you are getting the rain. afro

mabuzzbee
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 06:03:16 PM »

I'm glad you are finally getting rain.

I am nobody.  Nobody is perfect.  Therefore, I am perfect.
buzzbeejr
Josh
Youth Group
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 09:58:22 PM »

ITS A GREAT THING U ARE GETTING THE RAIN

MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next