Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 18, 2014, 04:43:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bee dreams  (Read 3021 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2007, 11:04:05 AM »

I had a nasty head cold 2 weeks ago, bought NyQuil and knew as soon as I tasted it that they took all the good stuff out. First, the booze then everything else except Tylenol and a cough suppressant - yup, 2 ingredients.

I just asked a coworker to pick me up a bottles of NAVY NYQUIL which tastes like tar and Zambuca (dark green only version) and has a nice kick to it.

Tonight (hopefully) a good night's sleep - something I've had a tough time with lately. No matter what time I go to bed, I'm getting up at 4:30am and hour an a have before my alarm - ugh. At least with the Navy NyQuil (the better not have touched this magical elixor) if I get up at 4:30 I can slam a shot and let the alarm wake me - half faced or not  shocked

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2007, 11:13:16 AM »

I haven't had any in a long time. Are you telling me that nyquil isn't nyquil anymore? no more

coughing
aching
sniffling
sneezing
stuffy head
fever
so you can rest medicine?  shocked

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2007, 12:51:53 PM »

benadryl.  clears the head.  puts you to sleep.  doesn't shoot your BP up.  smiley

electric fence:  no protection.  rubber gloves and rubber handled cutters and you are through.  virtual fence with alarms and cameras much better!  gives warning so that you can protect yourself.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2007, 01:02:33 PM »

benadryl.  clears the head.  puts you to sleep.  doesn't shoot your BP up.  smiley

If it has a decongestant it will probably keep me awake. Never tried the stuff.

virtual fence with alarms and cameras much better!  gives warning so that you can protect yourself.

Too much of that stuff lowers your awareness perceptions. You begin to depend on this stuff and lose the ability to sense it. Like depending on the weather man to tell you what is going on one loses the ability to "feel" what the weather will be.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2007, 01:23:34 PM »

Too much of that stuff lowers your awareness perceptions

just use it an night.  can't be everywhere at once!

good dog helps too.

benadryl is an antihistamine.  works well for most.  there are some other decongestants that ought not to keep you awake or put you to sleep.  i rarely get sick, so i just keep the benadryl around.  has many uses.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2007, 01:52:08 PM »

Love the bee dreams!  They mostly occur when I am thinking about the bees a lot or planning some bee related project.  The spring is the usual time those start because I work with them a lot.  There is usually some funky hive in a barn or roof or something, nothing realistic, but no slugs queens, floss hives, or tropical beaches either.  If I dream of a tropical island, I'd rather not have bees involved.... grin

Although I did have a dream the other night that I kept a 4ft alligator in my aquarium that kept escaping (until I duct taped it all up and was going to get rid of it).  And I haven't kept an aquarium for several years now, and never an alligator....

-rick

Rick
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2007, 02:05:56 PM »

Kathy:

Remember, Jerry knows that it is ALWAYS day-time and night-time somewhere on Earth - lol. How can you sleep with that on your mind  grin

Jerry: No, NyQuil isn't NyQuil anymore. There is a competitor out there with a few more ingredients, next time to the drugstore and I'll find out what - but I was highly disappointed.

P.S. The Navy doesn't make the NAVY NYQUIL anymore either - ugh. So back to Goldschlaauger and Percocet jello shots (usually 2 will do) boy... I need a louder alarm clock  rolleyes

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Apis629
Field Bee

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2007, 02:55:56 PM »

On the earlier note of "programing dreams" by reading something interesting.....do you know what I've been reading?  Cisco Certified Network Associate study guides (942 pages), the curriculum itself, and a book about routing and routed protocols. 

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2007, 11:40:47 PM »

I had my first bee dream last night. I was on some island somewhere, trying to build a hive in the water, I had some slug looking thing that was a queen and I

So today I open up the hive and what do I find. a frame, dark in colour and slightly warped, some emerging brood on it, but mostly empty. Some drone cells obviously. On this frame was a horizontal cell, built ontop of the drawn cells,  approx one inch long, about half the size of your little finger, I scrape it off, and there is a white slug type thing in it, obviously larvae of some sort, perhaps a drone, perhaps a queen. There is no reason for it to be a queen cell, lots of emerging brood, lots of room, the bottom of the three supers is making so much noise its crazy, so I definately still have an active queen.

Its just so spooky.

I just had a look for what I scraped off, of couorse I cant find it in the long grass. grr!

Mick, the only way that I think you can tell if you have an active queen is if you see eggs.  That means that she was present within 3 days.  If you are thinking that you have a queenright hive because you see emerging brood is not correct.

If you see that you have emerging brood, you know that you had a queen lay an egg 21 days (or so) ago.  To know that you have an active queen, there must be eggs present.  I do not think that I am wrong on this.  Maybe more answers will come.

You saw a queen cell, that is no doubt in my mind. Why it is horizontal I don't get that, the queen cells are usually hanging down off the face of the comb or the bottombar.  But if the cell was the size of the baby finger, it must be queen cell.

You must know what a queen cell looks like.  If you don't know, go on Michael Bush's site and look at one.  I am sure that you do know though. 

My best advice to you Mick, is that you go and look in your hive to see if you can see eggs.  If you don't see eggs, then your colony is probably queenless.

About the noise in the colony being really loud.  You said that it was so loud it was crazy.  That is another absolute sign of a queenless colony.  The colony makes a very different sound when the queen is not there.  It has been described as a roaring sound.

You must check for eggs Mick.  This is critical.  That is my best advice that I can give to you.  When you do your inspection, you do not need to look for the queen.  Eggs, and eggs and eggs, that is your quest.  If you see eggs, the colony is probably queenright.   Hope this may have clarified something for you.  Great day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Kirk-o
Queen Bee

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2007, 10:17:34 PM »

Dreams are great aren't they
kirk-o

"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next