Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 16, 2014, 01:27:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bee dreams  (Read 3233 times)
mick
Queen Bee

« on: January 19, 2007, 04:55:19 PM »

I had my first bee dream last night. I was on some island somewhere, trying to build a hive in the water, I had some slug looking thing that was a queen and I was watching it mate and trying to start a hive with one drone and one queen, some old dude was helping me. For some reason we had to catch a ferry off the island it was crazy stuff.

I doint thing im drowning trying to be a beekeeper, and Im not overawed, so I cant figure it out, but it was fun.

I was building this thing with dental floss, trrying to build fames, and this queen kept on being squished by me, on and on it went.  Now who is the resident psychologist?
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 05:12:52 PM »

Now who is the resident psychologist?

That is not my job,but I do recomend a few more beers before bed time. evil

mabuzzbee
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 06:10:27 PM »

I don't know who the resident psychiatrist is, but I'm sure if I told them what my dreams were like they would lock me up.  grin

I am nobody.  Nobody is perfect.  Therefore, I am perfect.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 07:09:36 PM »

did you take melatonin before bed??  if not, try it.  it's fun for the first couple of weeks!

as for the dream, i'm not even going to touch that.....i do admit that a couple of things came to mind, but none to be repeated  evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 10:02:01 AM »

kathyp.  Curious why you said Melatonin is fun for the first couple of weeks?  Isn't it supposed to help one sleep (LOL).  Great day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 12:13:54 PM »

some people, i among them, have very vivid dreams when they first start taking melatonin.  there are pretty cool smiley

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 07:18:31 PM »

Do you take it straight?  Mix it with something?  Where can I get some?  I haven't had a dream in so long I think I've died.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 07:35:06 PM »

you can buy it in any store that carries supplements.  i get mine from costco.  another thing that's nice is Valerian Root.  i am not an herbal addict, but because i travel so much, i look for ways to turn my days and nights upside down without losing half the trip to jet lag!

Alexis de Tocqueville
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 10:21:48 PM »

Kathyp, I use both the melatonin and valerian root now and then.  The stench of the valerian root almost kills me when I open the bottle though, so I open quick, eat the pill and swallow.

I had to take an SSRI  and a sleeping aid for about 8 months.  This was after the time that I could no longer look after my Father, whose Altzhiemers was getting so bad he was a deep risk to himself and others.  He would run away all the time and be found in places.  I would have to go and get him.  to make a long story short, we had to finally let him go to live in a beautiful home for the Altzheimer patient.  That was one of the saddest times in my life.

I had gone into a terrible and deep depression, somewhere I never want to go again.

During this tenure of the drugs (which by the way made my life once again livable), I do not recall ever having a dream.  This was beyond unusual, because I am an avid dreamer

Once I recovered from this terrible state, I never took the drugs again.  But when I went off these drugs, I had dreams that scared me half to death for about two weeks or so.  They were vivid, terrifying and I am sure they were an accumulation of eight months without dreams.

I still dream, they are good and bad.  I talk alot in my sleep.  If melatonin is good for bringing on wild dreams, the melatonin can keep them, I have enough dreams to deal with without bringing on more (LOL).  Great day. Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 11:17:43 PM »

mine were not bad at all.  i have long been into programing my dreams.  it's a bit of a trick, but gets easy with practice.  i also always read before going to sleep.  nothing like a little king or koontz to put you to bed smiley

Alexis de Tocqueville
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 09:23:34 AM »

kathyp, there is nothing like reading a book for awhile before going to sleep.  That makes me drowsy for sure.  You and I have the same taste in books.  King and Koontz are my favourite authors.  I also like John Saul, he writes some pretty weird stuff too.  My absolute preference to reading nowadays is no doubt a good book on bees.  The old timer authors.  They are write like I am right there beside them while they speak.  I love that style.  A.I. Root's ABC and XYZ of Bee Culture was the one that I loved the best and want to get a more current volume.  I think that mine was copyrighted in 1947.  The Spell of the Honeybee by W. Eric Kelsey was beautiful too, I don't own it though, I borrowed it from the bee club library, wish I had a copy.  Great day.  Cindi.

KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2007, 01:28:10 PM »

I haven't had a dream in so long I think I've died.
Perhaps you have apnea. I hadn't dreamed in yrs and was evaluated for apnea(the girls will like this one, My wife said I snored too much!). I had real bad apnea. I began to use the C-PAP machine. I sleep better and began to dream again. No meds needed as to date(other than red wine)

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2007, 09:05:13 PM »

Bingo!  I have sleep apnea and narcolepsy.  I can sleep for days.  And yes, I take or have remedies for both.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2007, 10:26:55 PM »

I had my first bee dream last night. I was on some island somewhere, trying to build a hive in the water, I had some slug looking thing that was a queen and I

So today I open up the hive and what do I find. a frame, dark in colour and slightly warped, some emerging brood on it, but mostly empty. Some drone cells obviously. On this frame was a horizontal cell, built ontop of the drawn cells,  approx one inch long, about half the size of your little finger, I scrape it off, and there is a white slug type thing in it, obviously larvae of some sort, perhaps a drone, perhaps a queen. There is no reason for it to be a queen cell, lots of emerging brood, lots of room, the bottom of the three supers is making so much noise its crazy, so I definately still have an active queen.

Its just so spooky.

I just had a look for what I scraped off, of couorse I cant find it in the long grass. grr!
Apis629
Field Bee

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2007, 11:11:51 PM »

On the topic of dreams, dreams for me are a rarity.  Nightmares, not too uncommon but dreams, maybe once every few months.  I have been known to wake up, sit up, and "day dream" that I'm getting ready for school, lol.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2007, 12:38:46 AM »

apis629,

learn to program your dreams.  you can start by reading something you like before turning out the light, then continue the story in your head as you fall asleep. you must visualize your story.  when you are better at it, you can start your own story and finish it in a dream.  when you are very practiced, you can control all that you dream.  you can solve problems without losing sleep, or have a pleasant nights sleep with a great movie running in your head.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2007, 12:57:38 AM »

My problem is my mind won't shut down. I can sit here until I am droopy eyed, go to bed, and lay there with everything going through my mind. I mean everything. My mind is like sitting in a crowded restaurant. Most dreams I don't remember. There is no way to program the things cause my mind won't sit still. The best I do is sometimes in some dreams I don't like the way it is headed and I tell myself to wake up. Haven't had a night mare in years.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2007, 07:30:45 AM »

My problem is my mind won't shut down. I can sit here until I am droopy eyed, go to bed, and lay there with everything going through my mind. I mean everything.

Jerry, try getting out of your chamoflaged rocking chair, take off your night-vision glasses, putting down the 50 calibar tank buster and and do a double shot of NyQuil  tongue We all should get a good nights sleep. Let the electric fence and landmines take care of the house, man I'd hate your electric bill  grin

I've honestly never had a BEE DREAM, I dream often and remember many, but nothing comes to mind. I have had interesting dreams about the Voice Chat peope in the forum (our nightly gang who share hours every day being friendly, playing online games and learning al about different countrie and cultures - we even talk bees often too) here is an interesting one - makes no sense except a TV Show I watched probably triggered a lot of it.

My wife and I were flying over Paris and a reinactment of the French Revolution was going on below us a few hundred feet below. I could see it was a park like atmosphere where stands and kiosks were setup for food and games.

I opened a laptop PC and held down the transmit key and called PDMattox (Dallas) and said a few things I can't recall, but we landed the ballon, I went to a kiosk where an Asian man was renting swords for the reinactment but they were $5 each with a $50 deposit. I scrambled to find the cash, trying to do the rate of currency exchange and finally got the swords which were plastic painted gold and badly chipped and worn.

I returned to the ballon, I could hear others still talking on the Voice Chat and I started climbing back into the basket, just as I did, my wife took off and I fell out just as it lifted off and then I woke up hearing the chat voices slowly be swallowed by the sounds of the war reinactors.

Dreams are cool or horrifying, sometime extremely funny - I've woke many times laughing at stuff that obviously breeched my dream/waking world.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2007, 10:09:01 AM »

Jerry, try getting out of your chamoflaged rocking chair, take off your night-vision glasses, putting down the 50 calibar tank buster and and do a double shot of NyQuil   We all should get a good nights sleep. Let the electric fence and landmines take care of the house, man I'd hate your electric bill 
  grin  grin  grin

jerrymac, you are a perfect candidate for Valerian root.  it will not sedate you.  you won't miss the invasion, but it will help you unwind before bed. 

my mind spins a lot.  not through problems and i'm not stressed.  i just always seem to have a question that needs answering. smiley  that's one of the reasons i read before bed.  it pulls the mind off "stuff" and causes you to focus on one thing.  dream programing does the same thing.  it's the same concept as counting sheep.  people think it's because you'll get bored and fall asleep. in reality, it's to focus your mind on something other than the chaos of life!

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2007, 10:45:29 AM »

Jerry, try getting out of your chamoflaged rocking chair, take off your night-vision glasses, putting down the 50 calibar tank buster and and do a double shot of NyQuil  tongue We all should get a good nights sleep. Let the electric fence and landmines take care of the house, man I'd hate your electric bill  grin

Electric fence  huh Got to get me one of those.

NyQuil, and all that other stuff that is suppose to cause drowsiness actually keeps me awake. No really it does. Sometimes when the rhinovirus is really running rampant I hit it with good old NQ. My body and face feel a lot better but I sure don't get any sleep. I never understood what people meant by drinking coffee to stay awake. I could drink a whole pot of it and go to sleep.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next