Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Google Earth Update Available - good updates!  (Read 770 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Google Earth Update Available - good updates!
« on: January 16, 2007, 07:31:10 PM »
For those of you who use Google Earth, many of us in the forums use it to search out new countries and even the roof top views of the other voice chat members, Google Earth has added a sleak new control feature, greater map details, Full Page Viewing and more 3D enhanced geography. The 12 meg upgrade can be done while Google Earth is open under the help/about tab - click for update and you should see a V4.00 something update that has a link to click on.

Really nice upgrade
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline leominsterbeeman

• House Bee
    • http://www.leominsterbeeman.com
Re: Google Earth Update Available - good updates!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 04:46:19 PM »
Google Earth is so cool.   I can see my beehives, now that the images are updated.  Actually, you can see my beehives too. :)

Lat: 42D 29'13.65"N
Long: 71D46'25.31"W

They are in the 3rd row of the bushy trees  as you move west to east from the road.  I think what is actually showing up is the pallets that they are on.  I have 5 hives on 3 pallets.  Zoom in close and they are clearly visable.

I have to move the hives in a few weeks, since the farm is now going to try and recover some of the older trees in the area.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 05:13:32 PM »
I read, not so long ago, that there are people who use google earth to locate nude sun bathers.  An up dated version of up the skirt cameras using the internet.  Be careful what you look for.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline ChickenWing

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 05:38:26 PM »
I read, not so long ago, that there are people who use google earth to locate nude sun bathers.  An up dated version of up the skirt cameras using the internet.  Be careful what you look for.

I have not seen resolutions high enough to make out anything in that much detail.  It is really hard to see humans at all.  They only look like dots.  The easiest place to see people, is crossing streets in New York City.  Look at the streets around the Empire State Building, there are lots of dots...I mean people.  :D