Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 18, 2014, 12:55:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ? on fogging mites  (Read 717 times)
the kid
House Bee

« on: January 17, 2007, 08:19:13 PM »

one ? on fogging ,, have been wanting to post but put it off.. thought It might be somthing that others are tired of posting about// I for one would like to know how to use FGMO in the fog form >and WERE CAN YOU PICK UP FGMO with out a home loan > and how often and how to do it HuhHuh  the girls have been so nice about my trial and error with a wild hair thrown in here and there ....I would like to do this right for them.... so they can give me a that-a-boy .... Off the topic but it seems that you can get away with doing alot of wrong things to a hive , and they just take it and come right back .... better then afew other things Ive tryed.. 
.....the kid
amymcg
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 10:14:42 PM »

Hi Kid,

you can pick up FGMO aka Food Grade Mineral Oil at any pharmacy. To fog it, you just need an insect fogger you can buy at any hardware store.  Burgess Fogger or Black Flag Fogger. Maker sure you haven't used ANYTHING else in it, and make sure it doesn't look like it was bought and returned. Get a nice new box, you don't want any chance of pesticide having been used in it.

You can get detailed info here:  http://www.beesource.com/pov/rodriguez/
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 06:11:37 AM »

FGMO is useful as a preventative.  By itself, it's not effective enough to knock down an existing high population of mites quickly.  I have not tried it with thymol, but that could be a more useful method if you want to knock down a lot of mites.

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
sean
Field Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 05:09:03 PM »

this fogger thingamajig. does anyone know how to build one. I have only seen the big ones thatthe ministry people use for mosquito control. none of the small ones i've seen on the web
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next