Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 26, 2014, 12:12:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Letter Snow Letter Snow Letter Snow  (Read 1284 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: January 10, 2007, 11:13:23 AM »

Hi Gang:

I woke this morning after finishing up a 3-11 shift last night, my auto-thermostat stays at 63F from 10pm to 5:30am, goes up to 70F until 7:00am and back down to 63F (this is my week day settings) finally at 2:30pm it goes up to 69F and stays there until 10pm.

Well.... It was about 9:30am and I was cold getting out from the covers, the wind had picked up outside to about 30mph and some pretty good flurries were flying outside. We've finally seen temps cold enough to snow here since November (days around Thanksgiving) and otherwise in the 60s-70s all the time since.

I cranked up the stat to 70 to compensate for the wind in this old house (most comes from the floor and crawl space) and I'm watching the snow now - I'll pop up a pick to show you all what might be a rarity this season. To say the very least the FIRST snow of 2007 here.

I've said a lot on Fuel Oil Bills so far, of that I'm sure - needless to say we'd be on tank number 2 already, and in reality we are 1/3rd of the way down tank one. About a $500 savings so far Smiley

I like it warm myself - although THIS warm spell has done nothing but make and keep people sick. I've fought a week PLUS head cold, stomach virus and now back to work dressed really warm, with home made wool hat with Bose Quiet Comfort headset under it and MP3 player booming books into my head as I romp from Boiler-room to Boiler-room. I wonder how the other guys I work with do it: make the same 1.5 to 2 hours of rounds to dozens of buildings checking on boiler units with nothing to occupy their time.

Me, I listen to upwards of 100+ books each season, entertaining myself with the greatest writers of our days and read to by the greatest readers. I never lose the reception (as would be the case of radio) and the sound reduction headphones fill my head with crystal clear audio at a low noise level - still killing the loud roars of the big industrial boilers.

Nope... Life is what you make it. I may not be reading non-fiction (I live reality and must escape to non-fiction in books) but with a hundred or more books a year, I'm proud to say that I destroy the closest competition in my organization who still impressively reads about 60 a year and yes... the conventional way using his eyes not his ears.

So, Letter Snow - just dress me warm and keep the home fires burning Smiley

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations page link for more details. Please help if you can.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 12:59:29 PM »

enjoy.  it's 32 and snowing.  going into the teens this weekend.  everything is filled with water as a backup, and the tank warmers are out.  as long as the power stays, we are ok.  two generators if it goes, but they are no fun.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 10:45:43 PM »

Yesterday we had the 2nd big snow of the season--the worst snow wise since 1996.  We've had three major wind storm with winds to 100 mph--the worst storm season since 1962.  I'm hoping we're getting all of the bad weather for the 21st Century out of the way early so we can enjoy the rest of it.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 08:20:17 AM »

Yesterday we had the 2nd big snow of the season--the worst snow wise since 1996.  We've had three major wind storm with winds to 100 mph--the worst storm season since 1962.  I'm hoping we're getting all of the bad weather for the 21st Century out of the way early so we can enjoy the rest of it.
Brian, we must caught the tailend of the storm that hit you.  Thursday night was when you posted the post, last night.  You spoke of "yesterday".  That was the day that we got hit with the wind first and then the snow.  It was horrific the wind, probably close to what you experienced too.  We got hit with bad snow too.  It snowed well over 12 inches, Wednesday morning about 4:00 it began and finished about 5:00 PM Wednesday night.  Heavy snowfall, we don't usually get that much snow.  But we have had a big white two times this year.  I am of the impression that on your island you have quite similar weather conditions to my Maple Ridge area.  Today the temperature currently is -11 C (with is +12 F).  That is extraordinary.  Great day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 08:31:46 AM »

John, what an amazing thing that you have with listening to books.  100+ books in a year, now that is very significant.  Glad you are surpassing the other gent.

I have an auto thermostat on my furnace too.  It is great to have the temperature programmed to meet certain temperature needs.  Gotta love it.

If you ever get a stomach flu again, or any other kinds of malades, think of some alternative medicine choices.  Something that we have in our home and I use on many problems, internally and externally, along with the use of honey, is "colloidal silver" water.  I will not elaborate on this product, but it is sold in health food stores.  It is a staple in my and mine's homes.  It has performed nothing short of miracles with many things.  I make it myself, not choosing to pay about $12 per litre.

Google, "colloidal silver" water.  You will be impressed or not, depends upon your person and faith.

We had a puppy last year that caught the parvo virus, was on death's door.  The vet said nothing can be done unless you want to spend about $1,200 with veterinary assistance.  I know of the parvo virus, we have dealt with that on several occasions with the youngster pups.

We opted to not spend the $1,200 and treat this little sick, dying puppy ourselves.  We took care of him, forced him to drink colloidal silver water.  To make a long story short, the puppy survived and is living a wonderful and lovable life.  There was improvement shown in only a few hours of injestion.  This is remarkable. But I have seen it work time and time again combatting many different aliments.  80% of puppies with parvo die, the statistics are staggaring and real.

I do not have even have a remote thought that it was not a direct result of the water given to this puppy.  I know the silver water worked, it saved our puppy.

CS is used in hospitals for burn patients.  Not heresay.  It is.  Rejuvenates skin tissues and many other things. Johnson & Johnson now has a bandaid on the market that is treated with silver.  And guess what babies have put in their eyes just after birth, silver of some form....Anyways, I have a tendency to be long winded too.  Have a great day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 08:25:29 PM »

Cindi, If the San Juan Islands weren't in the way I'd live almost 30 miles east of Victoria, B.C.
I think you got the same storm, out weather forcasters had the storm moving north into the Frazier River Valley.  it was suppose to hit Vancouver, B.C. pretty hard too.  The weather between where you are and I am depends on the prevailing winds on who gets what first.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 10:50:33 PM »

Oh those darn San Juan Islands eh?  Victoria is a beautiful city, I love the island, along with Texada, Salt Spring, Main and others that I wish that I could visit one day.  Maybe Fidalgo will be on my island to do list.  We lived on the Sunshine Coast for many years.  People always thought it was an island because one had to catch the Horseshoe Bay ferry, but it actually is just a part of our coastline that must be accessed through water.  Islands have a wonderful comradery, as does Salt Spring I've heard.

That storm you experienced Brian was indeed the same one here.  It was horrible and still we are experiencing unbelievably low temperatures for us, not our usual, warm and moist climate.  Oh well...good ol' Mother Nature showing us who is boss.  Great day.  Cindi

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next