Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 18, 2014, 01:24:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Night of Magicians kings  (Read 1542 times)
abejaruco
Field Bee

« on: January 06, 2007, 03:06:39 AM »

Papa Noel doesn´t come to Spain oficially, in Spanish tradition Los Reyes Magos come to praise to the child Jesus, offering their presents. Yesterday was a magic night for children and no so children in my village.

The King Melchor.

Tha pajes (royal servants)

La Guardia Real

Baltasar, The "Rey Negro", the tinged king

And Gaspar

beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 07:24:16 AM »

Fantastic:

As a bit of a photographer myself, I'm especially wondered by night time photos - these are charmers and brilliant in colors. I really love the ones with many people in the back grounds, it shows culture experiencing tradition and wonder. Thank you for these, all your photos are magical.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 09:33:22 AM »

Very impressive pictures taken.  I have to agree with John.  The night pics are simply different, and have an allure that bring our eyes to look deep.  Great day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 08:30:48 PM »

Great pics Abe, love those colourful festivals. I went to the Barcelona Olympics and those pics remind me of those colourful times
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 10:08:59 AM »

Many years ago, my son-in-law won a trip to the Barcelona Olympics, he had a wonderful time.  Great day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 12:15:23 PM »

those are great.  is this a country wide celebration, or a more rural custom?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
austin
Youth Group
New Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 04:39:32 PM »

wow those are some great photos abejaruco.  I wish I could've been one of the children there!!! . Smiley
abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 02:58:04 PM »

It is a country wide celebration. The Magicians kings are fighting the center of attention with Santa Claus during the Christmas. But being a Biblic figure, Melchor, Gaspar and Baltasar brought gold, incense and myrrh to the child Jesus, probably are indestructible. cool
abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 03:12:57 PM »

By the way, I have not gone to Barcelone. I used to travelling to the Alps in France during summer, following the Hannibal´s route, Hannibal, "el de los elephants", but Barcelone, as Rome with the Lacoonte, will have to wait for... a time.
Kirk-o
Queen Bee

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 10:10:37 PM »

wonderful pictures
kirko

"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next