Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 01, 2014, 06:54:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Teds Roast Kangaroo  (Read 3415 times)
mick
Queen Bee

« on: January 06, 2007, 11:11:56 PM »

Here is a nice rolled piece of kangaroo fillet. It will be from the rump. It has no fat, no cholesteral and is a lot like lamb. have to be careful not to over cook it. This will go into a hot oven for 20 minutes then rest for 10. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm yummy!
Before

After

There ya go! 20 min in a hot oven

« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 01:23:40 AM by mick » Logged
organicgrl37
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 11:17:14 PM »

how about showing off your cooking skills by showing us a photo of the end product. I am sure that it was delicious but I can't stomach the raw meat pics. I usually don't have a weak stomach but these just got to me. So how did you cook it?
michelleb
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 01:01:59 AM »

Man I hate it when cute animals are sooooo tasty.  Lips Sealed

Pocket Meadow Farm
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 11:52:02 AM »

looks goooooooood to me!!!!!!!!!

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 12:30:59 PM »

Man I hate it when cute animals are sooooo tasty.  Lips Sealed

if i was an enviormentalist, i'd say you're a racist. LOL
(racist would be an inappropriate term, but enviormentalists/pacifists tend to use wrong terms)

aren't all animals cute? grin
anyways, mick you make me jelous.
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 12:38:45 PM »

Do you use spices or a maranaite when cooking it?
Looks like roast beef.  Smiley

Man I am getting hungry.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 12:43:56 PM »

aren't all animals cute?

no!  the cats dragged a rat into the barn the other day.  in no way was that thing cute!!  of course, i probably wouldn't eat it unless i was very, very, hungry tongue

the meat looks good.....maybe rat looks ok if it's cooked too.......

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 01:13:03 PM »

hehe, had the same experience...what, maybe 3 days ago, hehe
rats are more than beautiful, they're ugly because we are taught so. in what way is a hamster or a guinea pig more cute?
mabuzzbee
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 01:15:01 PM »

Looks a little to bloody to me...  How come it doesn't taste like chicken, everything else does? Smiley 

I am nobody.  Nobody is perfect.  Therefore, I am perfect.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 01:58:42 PM »

Yeah mine has got to be done. There is no way to over cook it for me.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 03:00:28 PM »

jerrymac you are like my husband.  i like mine with the "moo" still in it, he likes his chard black.  makes timing dinner a bit difficult!

as for rodents, i put them all in the same category.  near as i can tell they are good cat food but other than that, pretty destructive.  squirrels chew into my grain, rabbits bark my trees......are rabbits rodents?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 04:14:33 PM »

Yes,rabbits are rodents as are beavers  mice and rats and squirrels. Wink
buzzbeejr
Josh
Youth Group
Field Bee

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 04:24:17 PM »

Jerrymac I'm with you has to be almost black for me to eat it.

MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson
nepenthes
Field Bee

Little honey bee in flight

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 11:16:19 PM »

as a baby Gambian Pouched Rats (the size of small dogs or cats) Are cute, and saving lifes and being eatin as food, so this would aplly as in Cute+food=Pets...

"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2007, 03:21:41 AM »

Its tastes a lot like Koala grin

In Vietnam there is a rat the size of a small pig, they love those!
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2007, 08:44:20 AM »

Good to have a light hearted, albeit bloody looking post Smiley

I am a real rare beef and lamb lover, I loved Micks definition "Just wipe its butt and toss it on my plate" lol. Now THAT'S rare!!

I have tried ever species the supermarket sells, but haven't hit the roadkill circuit yet. I am a big fan of venison smoke sausage and ate a few rabbits, but nothing else that hops. I love snails, even cook them at home from them little jars. But so many creatures and so few air miles - lol.

I'll eat everything else JUST as suggested to its minimum done temps - in other words, I like my germs bead but not my meal murdered. Most chicken, duck and pork - and all those wonderful fish prepared properly make for great variety.

Tonight's dinner is BASA - a Vietnamese Catfish - it is my favorite fish, sold in all my marketplaces, none fresher than Path-mark whose turnover rate for see food is unsurpassed. This fish gets lightly battered and pan friend slowly, it condenses down to a thick meaty (chicken like texture) yet has a light and flavorful unique fish taste. Very firm and not flaky, it is a great meal with peas and french fries.

Question: what do you like on your fish/seafood? Tartar Sauce or Cocktail Sauce, melted butter or Salsa, or what else if anything?[/b[ Me.. I'm a Tartar Sauce Guy for fish and tartar for shrimp. We get wonderfully full Alaskan King Crab Legs here around $7 a pound, I'll go through a stick of butter on these alone.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 03:12:41 AM »

Basa hit the Supermarkets here about 12 months ago. It looks nice, very white flesh..........but Im just not sure about the rivers thery live in and what they might be feeding on. Like your crawfish that are rumoured to live on Jimmy Hoffa et al!

You can eat your own garden snails no problem. heres is the method.

Go out and hunt a bunch down.Stalk the buggers at night, use a garden hose to wet areas to entice  the rascals out. Place them in a plastic tub and feed em whatever you like for a few days. Then, believe it or not, feed them bran soaked in water for a few days to purge them. Then place them in a tub that has a bit of coarse fly wire or shade cloth that they crawl on draped over the tub so the final snail poo falls through and they dont eat it. Dont feed em and just let the rest of the bran come out of them. While all of these above steps are happening, sprinkle water on em a couple of times a day, and make sure they are in a cool, shaded, moist place.

Now you just boil the buggers, scoop out with a oyster fork, rinse, then fry in garlic butter.

I am not pulling your legs(for a change). There is big bucks being made from the ordinary garden snail here, using the above method.

I have tried it, I wouldnt live off them, but its a fun thing to do, doesnt impresss the ladies much tho Undecided
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 08:58:40 AM »

Love escargots in garlic butter!!!!  Great day. Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
organicgrl37
House Bee

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2007, 10:17:48 AM »

I had to laugh at the road kill comments. Several years back I was living in VT with some homesteaders and we would make what we would call "roadkill stew". Rabbit, squirrel or opossum, yes it is true! It was great. I would make it again if i had the time and energy to get the critters. Alas, for now i am stuck shopping for meat at our local health food store, The Cleveland Food Co-op. During the summer we head out to our local farmers place for the fresh eggs, chicken, and lamb. I also make a killer goat meat chili, yum.
buzzbeejr
Josh
Youth Group
Field Bee

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2007, 05:42:57 PM »

mmm venison sausage. on fish I usually just use some ketchup sometimes ill mix in a little mustard so its kind of like a hotsauce with a little less heat. Not that I dont like spicy just not with fish.

MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson
mabuzzbee
House Bee

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 10:02:46 PM »

John,

I like butter, cocktail sauce, tartar sauce, ranch dressing, mayo, marinara sauce,ketchup, or salsa on my seafood.  Oh yeah, and I almost forgot... I like the chili and mayo sauce they have at Ruby Tuesdays and the Apple butter sauce they have at Applebees on shrimp.

I am nobody.  Nobody is perfect.  Therefore, I am perfect.
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2007, 01:36:51 AM »

On Fish, I have lemon, On Lamb Sandwiches I have chutney, on Beef Sandwiches I have Tomato sauce. On Ham Sandwiches I have sweet mustard pickles. On chips, I have vinegar.

On everything else I have salt and pepper and Tomato sauce.

Salt
Pepper
Tomato sauce
Chutney
Pickles
Lemon
Butter
Vinegar

Thats all I need to keep me happy!

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2007, 08:36:12 AM »

OK, so our favourite condiments, this has become an interesting topic.

Fish, tartar sauce (on bbq salmon I make a tartar sauce out of Philadelphia cream cheese, onion, fresh garlic, a little salt and pepper and lemon juice, I stuff the fish with that and then we use the stuffing for the condiment)

Steak, it has gotta be HP sauce

Seafood, I make my own sauce with Miracle Whip, ketchup, fresh garlic and/or garlic butter

French fries, (homemade fries) vinegar, ketchup, salt and pepper

Roast beef, gotta be my own fresh ground horseradish, I always now put in a little dry Keens mustard to spicey up

Pork chops, applesause on side and Lea & Perrins for dipping

That's how I like to eat my foods.  Great day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Geoff
Field Bee

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2007, 04:53:26 AM »

This is a stall at Mindle market in Darwin. Tried a few but could not go all the way.

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2007, 09:30:15 AM »

Geoff, you have gotta be kidding.  Well, why not if the kill is freshly harvested.  LOL.  Best of days.  Cindi

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2007, 12:00:28 PM »

that's funny!  you should submit that to one of those funny sign contests.

Alexis de Tocqueville
abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2007, 01:21:11 AM »

Rabbits are not rodents actually.  Wink From wikipedia, rabbits are lagomorphs

they have four incisors in the upper jaw (not two as in rodents);
they will only eat vegetation (unlike rodents, who will eat meat and vegetation)
the male's scrotum is in front of the male organ;
the male organ has no bone (baculum) unlike the rodent male organ; and
they will redigest first-time droppings (called cecotropes) to obtain the most from their plant diet.
They resemble rodents, however, in that their teeth grow throughout their life, thus necessitating constant chewing to keep them from growing too long.

There are other differences that I can see:
Rabbits only live on the ground, neither on trees, nor sewers.

And the wild rabbits are cooked usually with garlic and wine or brandy and eaten with fried potatoes in Spain, and the rats only during war or blockade times.

mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2007, 02:05:17 AM »

Rabbits are great tucker. In the oven, drape with fatty bacon rashers, 20 min on high, mmmmmmmmmmm yummy, mmmmmmmmm those kidneys, BEAUTIFUL!
KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2007, 03:26:32 PM »

As a member of PETA, I'm offended.

P.E.T.A.-         People Eating Tasty Animal!!!!!

YUMMMMMMYYYYYY!!!!!

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next