Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 26, 2014, 09:07:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SO... What is YOUR New Years Resolution?  (Read 1885 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: January 01, 2007, 04:18:15 PM »

First, I hope that the New Year has brought us all back together safely in this wonderful place that rose from nothing to be a family as wide as the Globe. Nothing is impossible when people of good spirit and kind hearts gather to share thoughts and learn from each other. I hope and pray that 2007 is a wonderful year for the World and its billions of souls.

I'm always hopeful that mankind will eventually get it right and relative peace will fill the Earth, although I think we are no further now toward that goal then the first men to scribe animal carvings on cave walls. Time is an interesting thing, we all know that life to a single human goes by in a BLINK, yet billions of years goes by unnoticed. Few humans ever reach the stature of eternal memory, their names known in the minds of those even unable to read.

This week we lay to rest a President, who by all accounts was wise is a historical decision which prevented his own succession as President. He politically healed a nation from scandal and endless trials that may have uprooted democracy in the heart of the Cold War. History will be kinder to this humble man than the peers of his generation - the men who followed continued his work as they felt time, history and the eventual wisdom of a crumbling Red Power would allow.

I have always believed that Presidents are DESTINED not made. They are exceptional men belonging to the rarest of clubs and once again we fall short of the historical number of living Presidents among us. For all their human flaws and despite their poor and misguided advisers, somehow historically we have something great to say about all of them.

I cannot wait for the next chance for the masses to elect a President - not because or despite the flaws or visions of this one, but it is a marker in time that we all have a chance to tell the rest of the world that Democracy works and that a land of 300 million people can live free and choose a leader, and more importantly, with the hope that this next leader will help humanity toward greater peace, less famine and global prosperity.

With that, I'm curious if you have made resolutions, what they are and if you have broken them yet? Does this noble tradition of humanity of always trying to better ones-self come from superstitions or hope, or is it much deeper - do we always seek to be better in someway, even if we fail in our quest?

I make a simple resolution, one a bit shorter this year than the last due to the passing of my loving and wonderful Mother who I will always miss, but think of every day: In that, I wish to be a better husband and person, kinder to (and with patience to all) I meet with understanding that we all fall short of perfection, but that should never stop us from being the best we can achieve.

How about you - what goals if any have you made, and if they are unachievable then what goals would have been a better choice to make?

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Apis629
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 04:45:42 PM »

Mine's the same as it is every year, to lose 60 lbs.

buzzbeejr
Josh
Youth Group
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 05:07:19 PM »

I didn't make one but my mom kinda made one for me herself... diet starting 1/2/07 ugh Cry

MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 05:39:06 PM »

to try again to quit smoking...sometime this year.  to spend more time in the woods with my horse and more time traveling with my husband.  to finally attack that extra room (or burn it).  keep the weeds out of the garden and flowerbeds.........

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 05:57:18 PM »

to try again to quit smoking...sometime this year. 

I touched my last cig Jan. 7 of last year. Almost a year smoke free. The biggest thing is you have to decide to quit. NOT think you have decided to quit. I worked on quitting for six months. (The patch)
I limited myself to where I smoked, never in the house or in the vehicle. Then standing outside at night in the cold I DECIDED to quit. That means putting them down and not picking another one up. Still sometimes I want one. It just seems like it would be so great to have one on occasion. BUT NO!!! I quit.

Will power. You can do it.

OH! I smoked about 33 years.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 07:09:03 PM »

Well I have a couple of them.
Build the laundry room.
Build the tool shed.
Go to Tasmania.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
amymcg
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 07:52:21 PM »

Here are my few:

Declutter the house by March
Re organize the basement workshop
Stay on Budget
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 05:10:39 AM »

I've only made one new years resolution that I was able to keep: not to make anymore new years resolutions.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 11:14:54 AM »

get hitched, have a child, get a job

hehe, just kiddin. errrmmm, to stay at home on the next new years eve....it always gets tooo wild.sort of
qa33010
Field Bee

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 01:53:05 AM »

I'm with Brian!  That has been the ONLY one I could keep and stop disappointing myself.  16 years and still going!!! evil

David

Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)
mabuzzbee
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 01:41:08 PM »

1. eat healthier and lose weight
2. make Josh miserable by making him do the same  Wink

I am nobody.  Nobody is perfect.  Therefore, I am perfect.
Kris^
Field Bee

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 11:13:56 PM »

Drink more coffee.

So far, I'm doing well.

-- Kris
nepenthes
Field Bee

Little honey bee in flight

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 11:36:21 PM »

do more legal herbals... and not smoke them...

"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.
buzzbeejr
Josh
Youth Group
Field Bee

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2007, 08:50:28 PM »

do more legal herbals... and not smoke them...
you know cody ive heard of people smoking cheese but i could not get it to light i guess next time ill have to try herbal cheeses Smiley

MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson
BEE C
House Bee

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 03:06:52 PM »

Since jan first I quit smoking cigars.  I agree with brian, the new years resolutions are a bunch of superstitious nonsense.  December first is really the new year start as the days start to get longer, not some random number on the gregorian calendar.  I tried quitting dec 1st but slipped...so far three weeks with no cigar.  I get ichy every time I see a news article about cuba though I must admit....its nice having my sense of taste and smell back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next