Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 22, 2014, 07:41:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP Mr President  (Read 705 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: December 27, 2006, 12:08:27 PM »

Ford was neither our best nor our worst president.  He was a good man.  He was an honorable man.  He understood that when his presidency was over, it was time to retire from politics and dedicate his time to the causes dear to his heart.   

today we lost a former president, but i wonder if he would not have considered being president a rather minor achievement in a long life of public and private service?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 09:19:21 PM »

Sadly enough decency is what keeps mant good people out of public office.His was such a burden dumped upon him! He handled things pretty well I think and did what he thought was right, not what a focus group thought the people wanted to see or hear. He can rest in peace knowing he was a kind ,honest and decent man of principle.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 12:09:17 PM »

when i was young and went to church, i remember being told that God gives us what we need, not what we want.  I think that is true with many of our presidents.  Some of those most reviled during their terms in office, in hindsight, were the best men for the job at the time.  Ford was not much loved as a president by either side.  Now he is the hero of his time.

A beautiful funeral that should remind all of us what is  best of this country.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next