Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 20, 2014, 10:35:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Australia to get Nuclear power stations.  (Read 674 times)
mick
Queen Bee

« on: December 28, 2006, 08:09:29 PM »

Well its all but a done deal. We are to enter the Nuclear age. Currently the only thing Nuclear here is Xray machines and cancer treatments.

As we have more uranium here than you can poke a bullzoer at, the decision is probably overdue.

As the where these stations will be and how we are going to store the waste, no decisions yet. I would expect this to be our next big election issue.

It will be interesting to see if it divides the nation, like the issue did in the 1970s.
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 09:22:19 PM »

I would suggest putting everything nuclear in the most remote outreaches of the outback.  Out of sight out of mind.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 10:10:29 AM »

it's a smart way to go.  when the nuts cut off the oil, you guys may be the only ones with the lights on!  we caved to the tree huggers and stopped building them.  no nuke plants, no wind farms, no nothing that might actually work!  wonder how long these folks will last when starbucks closes??  smiley

i agree with brian....out of sight, out of mind.  best way to go.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next