Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 17, 2014, 06:17:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how do you celebrate new years?  (Read 1277 times)
buzzbeejr
Josh
Youth Group
Field Bee

« on: December 28, 2006, 11:38:33 AM »

I was just wondering how the rest of the world celebrated new years. here we usually just have a party and bang on a few pots and pans.

MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 11:54:15 AM »

I usually go to bed and treat it like any other day

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 06:32:25 PM »

We stay up and shoot off fireworks at midnight.

buzzbeejr
Josh
Youth Group
Field Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 06:35:43 PM »

up here some people also set off fireworks and shoot guns

MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson
Jorn Johanesson
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 06:38:22 PM »

We stay up and shoot off fireworks at midnight.

So do my neighbours to, resulting in animals getting frigthened, people brought to hospital with crushed hands and missing eys and property destroyed by people thinking this is fun. Apart from this I am trying to get some sleep.
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 07:17:07 PM »

Here we have the annual illegal fireworks display in every street. Temptation usually kicks in about 10pm. Scenes rivalling the Tet Offensive, with each end of the street firing off against the other. Some of these things are huge mortar sized things.

Chinese and Vietnamese traders import them, hidden in sacks of rice or something and are happy to sell to anyone with two legs.

We have a proper fireworks display in the city that attracts about 1/4 million people.
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 08:25:19 PM »

I do what I do on Christmas almost every year - work, ugh. I go in around 9pm( 2 hours early) to let the other guy who is working 4-12pm shift go home to celebrate it with his family - no sense BOTH of us having a crappy New Year Celebration.

I didn't mention that this Christmas morning I dropped off a fresh baked homemade banana bread and 4 - 20 oz. cups of Wawa coffee to the Gate Guards at the front gate of our Navy Base - an annual thank you I have done for several years. Each year there are new sailors protecting our Base and each time they are thankful for the gesture - I finish of by thanking them more for there tireless service to our country.

I only mention this all because I'm planning on the same thing New Years, but with a RUM CAKE that Ladybee will be making over the weekend - they should get a BANG out of that one  grin It's one of those cakes you can drink or eat - lol. That and another tray of coffee should have them shooting off their guns at midnight - yeeehaaaa!!!!!

So it isn't much, a few cups of hot coffee in exchange for years of service to our beloved country, but to these guys standing guard in all kinds of weather thus keeping the men and women of our base safe while at work in our facility, it is a nice and unexpected treat.

Otherwise, to me it just another night, one that forces me to use a pencil for several days until I remember it isn't 2006 any more - lol.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 09:24:15 PM »

I go to bed and don't wake up until the following year--I find I've slept the year away.
On my birthday I go to bed and wake up a year older.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
qa33010
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 01:45:36 AM »

This year my wife and I learned a dice game from my brother called ten thousand.  We had so much fun we lost track of time. shocked grin

David

Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next